Confirmed with Link: End of year press conferences: Adams to have one at 3pm on Tuesday after Granato firing

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I want to hear a reporter trap this dumb bastard in his own nonsense. Ask what about Granato’s work is up to an organizational standard of success. He will take the bait and back his decision to retain him…talk about sitting in meetings and how well prepared he is and all that bullshit he’s already said. Then follow up by asking, since the problem is clearly then the players not listening and working the way this great coaching has prepared them, how Adams plans to overhaul that roster.

I think they are going to lean heavily into the injury excuse. And maybe if the Sabres had perfect health they would have made the playoffs, but every team has to deal with injuries...
And he CHOSE not to replace Quinn. That was his off-season plan. Quinn was hurt before free agency. He had ample time to fill the hole. He chose not to. You can’t accept an excuse when he flat out decided it didn’t matter to start down a top six forward. Did he think no one else would get hurt in the forward ranks? That’s what he prepared for. So no…not good enough.

And Samuelsson? All he does is get hurt. I don’t want to hear that as a reason when it was an obvious and inevitable occurrence.

Injuries aren’t excuses. They’re proof you don’t have a full NHL roster. And you should be fired.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I think they are going to lean heavily into the injury excuse. And maybe if the Sabres had perfect health they would have made the playoffs, but every team has to deal with injuries...

I’ve seen several members of the press mention the Sabres are actually below average in terms of injury impact this year, in terms of by cap dollars and WAR%. If Adams or Granato trotted out the injury excuse I would expect them to get a very quick follow up in that

Some of the Sabres beat reporters have been spitting hard facts on Granato and Adams recently. I actually expect it to be a pretty contentious presser if recent articles by Fairburn is any indication.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Kevyn's going to be all smiles, and say how he loves this group of guys, and how excited he is for the young prospects coming up...He'll say he'll improve the team if the right deal comes along (ie: Signing a Clifton, waiver wire pick-up, or trading for a 4th liner)....Same old same old...Both of these jokers need to be fired.
I remember last off-season when he surprised a reporter by telling him that he was high on Bryson.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
My snarky questions, available for free to any media member:

"Who do you feel has had the biggest impact on continuing the 13 year playoff streak?"
"Do you feel the lack of resources available from ownership has had any impact on the inability to make the playoffs during your tenure"
- If answer is a dodge saying resources are plentiful, its a window to ask about spending below the cap floor and why so few scouts, etc.
- If answer is yes, after you wipe the shocked look off of your face and ask in what area has ownership withheld the most resources

For Adams specifically:

"How does your professional experience in NHL front offices prior to coming to the Sabres help you get through a challenging year like this one"
"Would you say that the signings this summer or signings you failed to make impacted the Sabres missing the playoffs more?"
"Do you feel you may have given out some long term contracts before they were earned given the results this season?" If answer is no, press specfically on Power, point out his 10.2 RFA status.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I want to know the plan. I keep hearing about the plan. But "We have a plan" is what losers say who never really do anything but want to sound like they will improve.

I want to know these answers to the plan:

1. What is the year we make the playoffs?
2. What is the year we legitimately compete for the Stanley Cup?
3. Has anything gone wrong with the "plan"? Is the "plan" ahead (ha!), behind, or on schedule?
4. What do we do with all of these prospects?
5. What is "the plan" based on? Did the "plan" work before for another team?
6. What is the backup plan if the original "plan" doesn't work?
7. What should happen to the GM and coach if the "plan" is a huge flop?

Those are all reasonable questions.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
My only question:

When do you expect to make the playoffs? I don't care about anything else. If they can't give a straight answer to that I’d wash my hands of this organization and root for their removal from Buffalo.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
My only question:

When do you expect to make the playoffs? I don't care about anything else. If they can't give a straight answer to that I’d wash my hands of this organization and root for their removal from Buffalo.

What sort of "straight answer" do you expect to that question?

Hell, what kind of "straight answers" does anyone expect? All answers will be GM/coach speak. Not sure why anyone would expect anything different.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I’ve seen several members of the press mention the Sabres are actually below average in terms of injury impact this year, in terms of by cap dollars and WAR%. If Adams or Granato trotted out the injury excuse I would expect them to get a very quick follow up in that

Some of the Sabres beat reporters have been spitting hard facts on Granato and Adams recently. I actually expect it to be a pretty contentious presser if recent articles by Fairburn is any indication.
Lance has really been pushing back on them the last couple months in a respectful way.

My snarky questions, available for free to any media member:

"Do you feel you may have given out some long term contracts before they were earned given the results this season?" If answer is no, press specfically on Power, point out his 10.2 RFA status.
I mean even if Adams felt that way about Power, he obviously would not say it.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I'm surprised/upset that they never used their media passes when they had them..
If they asked the kind of questions they want to ask and we all want them to ask, they would have lost those passes quite quickly anyways.

If they were even considering firing these guys they wouldn’t have made this announcement.
Wasn't Murray fired like right after an end of season presser? My memory might be failing me. The team made me drink a lot this year.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
If they asked the kind of questions they want to ask and we all want them to ask, they would have lost those passes quite quickly anyways.

Wasn't Murray fired like right after an end of season presser? My memory might be failing me. The team made me drink a lot this year.

Maybe? I don’t remember an end of season presser 4 days after the season ended but, then again, my memory for those type of things isn’t all that sharp.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I hope soo Jimmy.. I really hope soo

i mean yeah in one way or another this is obviously going to be true. Whether coaching change or a trade or free agency or... It's just pretty obvious the sabres will be doing SOMETHING.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad