Confirmed with Link: End of year press conferences: Adams to have one at 3pm on Tuesday after Granato firing

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I found the leaked outline of Adams' end of season press conference

- Deny this season was a failure, highlight Peterka, UPL, Benson

- No concern with struggles/regression of players like Cozens, Thompson, Skinner, Tuch. Full confindence in them to return to form

- Act smug

- Push the narrative of being young, and throw in the injury excuse

- Get annoyed when the media presses you even a little bit about the season not being a success

- "full confidence in Donny"

- "We have a plan and we're going to stick to it"

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
If I were a reporter my first question..

Kevyn... here we are again. What are you going to do about it?
My best Kevyn impression: "What we're not going to do is panic. I believe so strongly in the guys we have in this room; in their character, in their ability. We're a very young team and I think we saw another year where they battled back in the spring and weren't out of it until the last week. So we're not going to panic, I mean you're always looking to be better and we certainly can be, but I think this group has a lot in them that they have not shown yet."

If asked "Would you consider this season a failure?" does anyone think they say yes?
"Are we disappointed? Certainly. But no, Mike, I wouldn't call it a failure. We saw growth from a lot of our room in guys like UPL, Zach Benson, J-J Peterka, and I think the experience of going through the adversity of a disappointing season can be a positive for a young team."

I guess this news destroys hope that those clowns will be fired.

At what time does that coward Terry Pegula meet with the press?
I don't think this means anything. Heck, the Pegulas outright said Botts was staying and then a month later, he was out.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
"Kevyn, why are you bringing back a coach whose only accomplishment is coaching the 6th most NHL games of any coach in history without making the playoffs?"

"Kevyn, does the fact that the team was down 5 minutes into almost every game give you the impression that the team is poorly coached and poorly prepared? Do the neverending botched line changes and awful tactical decisions also confirm this?"

"Kevyn, is it somewhat concerning that the players decided to perform a passive aggressive gesture of contempt towards the fans both they and the organization have failed worse than any in history over "Fire Donny" chants but had to leak it to the press because they couldn't even win a home game to deliver the contemptuous gesture?"

"Related question: If Kyle Okposo was such a great veteran leader why didn't he stand up and tell everyone "Guys, doing this protest is a very bad idea that's going to make everything worse?"

"Kevyn, if Donny is eventually sacked we know he will be replaced by someone within the organization. Have you considered Conehead as he is actually good at his job? I mean he isn't any less qualified to be our coach as you are to be our GM no?"

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
"Are we disappointed? Certainly. But no, Mike, I wouldn't call it a failure. We saw growth from a lot of our room in guys like UPL, Zach Benson, J-J Peterka, and I think the experience of going through the adversity of a disappointing season can be a positive for a young team."
But also more players regressed or did not progress, you can’t always talk about a “young team”, damn Dahlin is almost 25 years old, he has been in the NHL for so long and has seen only defeats. This is the GM's problem that he has a young team, no one is stopping him from making it older through trades and signings. Given Mitts and Okposo's comments about training and the season in general, Granato and the entire staff should go. Berube, Gallant or someone like that has to come in and Kevyn has to make some trades/signings.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I found the leaked outline of Adams' end of season press conference

- Deny this season was a failure, highlight Peterka, UPL, Benson

- No concern with struggles/regression of players like Cozens, Thompson, Skinner, Tuch. Full confindence in them to return to form

- Act smug

- Push the narrative of being young, and throw in the injury excuse

- Get annoyed when the media presses you even a little bit about the season not being a success

- "full confidence in Donny"

- "We have a plan and we're going to stick to it"

Seems like this will be the talking points.

I would throw in they do a callout to how the Amerks are doing and reference the performance of prospects in other leagues too, like that somehow matters to the clusterf*** they made this season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There will also be the lip service answer that they are performing internal reviews on all the returning coaching staff (which will lead nowhere or at most to the removal of 1 coach, probably sliding the guy into their incestuous Academy of Hockey thing where they stick around because they're already here and then some other local bozo gets hired to replace whoever got sacked).

I really expect nothing to be done and this may finally be it for my fandom of this manure pile of a team.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I really expect nothing to be done and this may finally be it for my fandom of this manure pile of a team.
I almost completely missed this season, mostly due to time zone, but even when there were a few early games, I still didn't watch them, I had no desire to watch. The same thing will probably happen next season if they don't change anything.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
“No one wants to win more than me” will say the man in full control of improving the coaching and roster and never does.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I wouldn't read too much into the end of season pressers being scheduled for Friday. It must simply mean they are waiting to do the locker cleanup/end of season meetings before meeting the press. If everything was going to be simply a formality they'd do the meetings on Wednesday. Though I will say, its perhaps they learned their lesson from Adams first end of season press conference in 2021 when Eichel came out firing bombs and Adams had to come out immediately after with no prep time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad