GDT: End of the Line | Game 82 | Canucks @ Oilers - 6:00PM PST - SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Nice to be in the lottery but this team is legit trash and we're probably going to endure more bottom 3 finishes. Alas...it's a few years too late.

Hopefully the franchise gets lucky this year. Not sure if I'm willing to see this team get curbstomped by the Leafs, Flames and Oilers every year.

There sure are a lot of other people here that are getting a kick out of it though.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Accepting a bad result as a positive for the team and taking joy in it are two different things. We're being embarrassed by a rival. I don't care how good the slightly higher pick might be long term, this ****ing sucks.

And yeah, people cheering as a rival's star player hits milestones against us make me sick. Go cheer for another team, you losers. Embarrassed you call yourselves fans of this team.
Agreed. It's best for the organization if we lose, but that doesn't mean a blowout **** kicking is okay.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I see it as Patrick, Hischier, Makar, Vilardi, and Mittelstadt.

Haven't followed the draft too closely yet, usually bone up after the season is over. But it seems Vilardi is still more or less the #3 prospect at the moment. Mittlestadt certainly up there as well, and I don't know much of Makar.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I don't think you're the only scapegoat. It's kind of directed towards everyone.

Hmmm yet they always seem to say it when they call me or when they know I am around interesting.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Yeah I'd agree and that's the major issue I have with this team right now. They are giving reasonable fans absolutely nothing to cheer for ... like the failure is so monumental. I don't like this management group because in my 25+ year fandom this is easily the worst I've felt about the team.

Pretty much. I sure as hell wouldn't care if they won or lost this game even if nothing was on the line.

Cheering for a loss beats turning the TV off I figure.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Different strokes I guess.

The 2011 riot embarrassed me.

What a bunch of internet warriors wanna do on a message board doesn't bother me in the least.

I want a high pick. I'm cheering for what I want. Sorry you have a problem with that.

Well of course the riot was embarrassing.

I want a high pick, too. That doesn't mean I have to embrace the process of getting there or cheer being a laughingstock.

Keeping McDavid from hitting 100 points and giving that team and their fans something to cheer about was a small thing to take some pride in. The game was already over.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Yeah I'd agree and that's the major issue I have with this team right now. They are giving reasonable fans absolutely nothing to cheer for ... like the failure is so monumental. I don't like this management group because in my 25+ year fandom this is easily the worst I've felt about the team.

They were pretty stinky in the late 90's post-Bure. Those were some bad Canucks teams too. This is definitely as bad as it has been since we drafted the twins.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
I didn't wear a Canucks jersey in public even once this year. I felt like I'd be cheering on not just the players, but giving tacit approval to the front office, and I loathe our front office. Cheering for them to fail and be gone doesn't make me a "bad fan", it makes me someone who understands hockey.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
On a happier note the Canucks are going to be picking in the top five and I won 150 bucks

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Agreed. It's best for the organization if we lose, but that doesn't mean a blowout **** kicking is okay.

Does it really make a difference by how many goals we lose by in game 82 of a 69-point season?

No, it doesn't. Not even a little.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Considering what happened to Larsen I'm glad to see him play, until I actually watch him play.

Nov 1, 2011
Came into the game winning my pool by 4 points...He has McDavid and Eberle, I have Henrik.

Leave it to the Canucks to **** me over as per usual.

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
Accepting a bad result as a positive for the team and taking joy in it are two different things. We're being embarrassed by a rival. I don't care how good the slightly higher pick might be long term, this ****ing sucks.

And yeah, people cheering as a rival's star player hits milestones against us make me sick. Go cheer for another team, you losers. Embarrassed you call yourselves fans of this team.

It's possible to be a fan of a hockey team while simultaneously being a fan of hockey, the game.

Do you not have any favourite players on teams that aren't the Canucks? It's reasonable to appreciate a guy who is probably going to be the best player in the league for the next decade achieving a major milestone for the first time at a very young age.

If you have a problem to the point of disgust with the people around you being able to acknowledge that feat in a game that is completely meaningless for the team we all cheer for, it says more about you than it does about them.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I think it was loyalty to the Sedins which delayed the rebuild. Up until this season, we had two legit top line players in them. I think they wanted to build a team that could get them back to the playoffs, which has led to a lot of bad, stop gap decisions.

Don't buy the crap Linden is selling. They delayed the rebuild because that was what got them the damn job. They promise they could retool on the fly and they ****ed up every way possible.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

I think most of us are just happy to have some breathing room on the scoreboard. Sure a 2-1L would be the best outcome I guess but can you guarantee they won't tie the game? I want a 3-4 goal cushion at least.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Haven't followed the draft too closely yet, usually bone up after the season is over. But it seems Vilardi is still more or less the #3 prospect at the moment. Mittlestadt certainly up there as well, and I don't know much of Makar.

I have Makar ranked higher than most, though I did see a report where one scout moved him all the way up to 1. He plays in an inferior league, but he's incredibly skilled and by far the best skater in the draft. Many comparisons to Karlsson.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Can't be a fan of hockey, I guess.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Literally tuned out and haven't watched since Game three. I see I missed absolutely nothing. Stoked about Tryamkin.

Better luck next season.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Well of course the riot was embarrassing.

I want a high pick, too. That doesn't mean I have to embrace the process of getting there or cheer being a laughingstock.

Keeping McDavid from hitting 100 points and giving that team and their fans something to cheer about was a small thing to take some pride in. The game was already over.
Yeah I don't agree with the cheering for McD part.
Hope they flame out of the playoffs and McD asks for a 12 M contract that forces the oilers to shed a lot of depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad