GDT: End of the Line | Game 82 | Canucks @ Oilers - 6:00PM PST - SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
According to Twitter, the Canucks have called up Yan-Pavel LaPlante from the Alaska Aces of the ECHL, and he will make his NHL debut tonight.

I'm thinking this must be an emergency recall for somebody - perhaps Stecher isn't good to go after taking that stick to the face last night, and Biega is sliding back on D?

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
makes sense. last game of the year. don't pull someone across the continent for a meaningless game when Utica is fighting for their season right now.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Let's go Oilers!

Would be nice to see McDavid get to 100 points. Also would be nice to get to a Battle of Alberta round 1. Especially since Calgary seemingly can't beat Anaheim, might as well have them play Edmonton in round 1 because that matchup isn't likely in round 2.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Let's go Oilers!

Would be nice to see McDavid get to 100 points. Also would be nice to get to a Battle of Alberta round 1. Especially since Calgary seemingly can't beat Anaheim, might as well have them play Edmonton in round 1 because that matchup isn't likely in round 2.

Battle of Alberta in Round 1 would be sweet. It's kind of crazy to think we could see both the Battle of Alberta and the Battle of Ontario in the first round.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
If anyones interested heres what i wrote for my thoughts on last game :)

I was there and really enjoyed the game it was quiet entertaining to have all the oilers fans there. The guy besides me has season tickets and said actually the oilers fans arent bad at all and that ten years of missing the playoffs has kind of made them not jerks. He said by far the worst fans in order are Toronto Calgary and LA fans. Never would of thought that lol

Anyways Horvat was by far the most electrifying player for us. Just about every time he was on the ice he had the crowd gasping it was really neat. For me thought he had a better game then Mcdavid. And that fight my god was a total suprise how well he did. I havent looked thru this thread to see what you guys thought but i thought he won and the canucks fans went crazy after and the oiler fans went silent haha

Boeser you didnt always notice him but he seems to find ways to always get open or be in a spot to get a good chance. He also back checked pretty well i thought

Goldy wasnt used enough considering he was never a danger defensively. Hes very good stick handler and was frustrating to see him only a couple a times. Esp when Horvat was in the box for fighting and we had a PP so we really had like no options but Goldy was never used wtf willie

Edler looked like a disaster out there and was frightning every time the puck was near him. He was like the anti Horvat

Trammer needs to get meaner. Some oiler player was attacking Hutton at one point and he stood and watched. Kinda frustating

Other thing is i cant stand Megna but thought he had a good game. If he plays like that all the time have no problem with him in the bottom 6 next year

Anyways even tho Im for the tank i just couldnt cheer at the game for the oilers even tho deep down was happy for the loss

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Not the first time Nurse and Horvat have fought

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Another long off-season without Canucks hockey incoming. Twenty days to the draft lottery so we can endlessly debate who we should select in June. Then there's the whole expansion draft discussion, though it appears fairly clear who the Canucks are going to expose. Then free agency. Then... August. Ugh. This sucks.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The fans deserve a regulation loss after this horrible season. I hope they don't try to win this for pride :(

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
If anyones interested heres what i wrote for my thoughts on last game :)

I was there and really enjoyed the game it was quiet entertaining to have all the oilers fans there. The guy besides me has season tickets and said actually the oilers fans arent bad at all and that ten years of missing the playoffs has kind of made them not jerks. He said by far the worst fans in order are Toronto Calgary and LA fans. Never would of thought that lol

Anyways Horvat was by far the most electrifying player for us. Just about every time he was on the ice he had the crowd gasping it was really neat. For me thought he had a better game then Mcdavid. And that fight my god was a total suprise how well he did. I havent looked thru this thread to see what you guys thought but i thought he won and the canucks fans went crazy after and the oiler fans went silent haha

Boeser you didnt always notice him but he seems to find ways to always get open or be in a spot to get a good chance. He also back checked pretty well i thought

Goldy wasnt used enough considering he was never a danger defensively. Hes very good stick handler and was frustrating to see him only a couple a times. Esp when Horvat was in the box for fighting and we had a PP so we really had like no options but Goldy was never used wtf willie

Edler looked like a disaster out there and was frightning every time the puck was near him. He was like the anti Horvat

Trammer needs to get meaner. Some oiler player was attacking Hutton at one point and he stood and watched. Kinda frustating

Other thing is i cant stand Megna but thought he had a good game. If he plays like that all the time have no problem with him in the bottom 6 next year

Anyways even tho Im for the tank i just couldnt cheer at the game for the oilers even tho deep down was happy for the loss
Not much there for me to disagree with. Thanks for the comment.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Another long off-season without Canucks hockey incoming. Twenty days to the draft lottery so we can endlessly debate who we should select in June. Then there's the whole expansion draft discussion, though it appears fairly clear who the Canucks are going to expose. Then free agency. Then... August. Ugh. This sucks.

Don't disregard August man. The Sutter trade happened pretty late(July 28th 2015) in the offseason and I refuse to be caught off guard again.

Not taking my guard down until there's a new management or Benning acts competent consistently regarding trades and other things.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Horvat's fight. Better in Punjabi.

way too lit to post last night but I'm glad you posted this.

Didnt think I could love Bo anymore than I did.

giphy.gif

and they better have called him "Jawan Sher"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad