Empty net point leaders?

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Zach Hyman seems to score all the Leafs' empty net goals.

If the opposition stops playing a goalie, Hyman might win a Rocket one of these years.
Iirc most of hymans goals this year have been either empty netters or misplay/broken plays like Hyman shooting it off someone and it going in. Quite comical.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I honestly don't think you're going to find Empty Net Points anywhere. Definitely goals...but points? ehhhhh.

Iirc most of hymans goals this year have been either empty netters or misplay/broken plays like Hyman shooting it off someone and it going in. Quite comical.

4 out of 8 at empty net. It's not surprising to see that 50% of Hyman's goals are into an empty net though.....actually...it's probably more surprising that MORE of his goals aren't empty net.

Reactions: Slapshot Sultan

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
1 of the reason +/- doesn't mean much in the NHL. You still get a - for an empty net goal against & it's always the same players for each team. The other team is eventually get a chance when they're pulling the goalie with 4 minutes left like they're doing now.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty

nofehr

Dec 17, 2012
Numbers aren't correct. The scored and allowed don't come anywhere close to adding up.
I think it just means that when a team is playing with an empty net, how many times they've scored and how many ENGs they've given up. For example, Calgary has pulled their goalie 15 times and scored 3 times in those occasions but given up 4 empty netters against. The for / against numbers won't cancel each other out.

Reactions: Beer Down

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Pacioretty is usually leading this category.

uh...OK?

6Thrxnx.jpg

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Numbers aren't correct. The scored and allowed don't come anywhere close to adding up.
You have to switch between with an empty net and against an empty net. Scored and allowed don't need to add up. Sometimes neither team scores.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just looked at the empty net career goal leaders and top 3 leeches are:

Gretzky 56
Hossa 40
Ovechkin/Lemieux 33
I don't consider empty net scoring as leeching at all. Teams usually employ guys in this role with high end skill that can anticipate plays and track down loose pucks when defending with the other team's goalie pulled. These guys are then players able to clear the zone under pressure and get the puck into a position to score. Preserving wins is an important part of being a successful team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad