Eminem Revival

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Because they all know he's fake a **** and isn't even smart enough to understand politics. He's just jumping on the "Rebel against the government" bandwagon to get people to like him again. That's not true anger and everyone can see that.

He's been washed up for a decade, he should have stayed on the sidelines.

A strong majority of the population isn't smart enough to understand politics yet they have a loud opinion on the issue, so what's the beef? I believe he is being genuine with how he feels. There are plenty of people in America who feel how he feels.

Also, Eminem has always been a rebel rapper. He's crossed the line many times in his music whether it's politically or socially. People only get pissy when he attacks the group they're aligned with. It's pitiful. If you weren't pissed when Eminem was talking about beating women, raping his mom, or dropping slurs towards gay people then you shouldn't have your panties in a bunch when he said "F*** You" because of your political opinions.

He's definitely regressed a lot. I find myself enjoying his features a hell of a lot more than his CDs, but I do believe he's genuine in his music.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
So in response to the thread I decided to start listening to the discography, I was a fan of the hits, I was in high school when slim shady came on the scene and I liked the aggressive rap but never bought an album so I never heard anything besides what was on Much or the radio...that being said I just heard "Kim" for the first time...holy _ _ _ _ , that was probably the most intense, real and best song I have heard in a very long time, like, Jesus _ _ _ _ _ _!
I was into punk and rock at the time, no wonder this guy blew up, absolutely craziness.
Just going through my own life breakup at 31, it just hit so much harder I guess. Can't wait to get through the rest over the next few days. (spotify)

Reactions: Mach85

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I literally have not listened to River more than once and it was just on my first listen of the album. I have no interest in watching that video either.

The only song I can say I've listened to more than once and is in rotation in one of my playlists is Framed (unless we're counting the Chloraseptic remix, which is also in there).

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i literally stopped listening to eminem the first time i heard 'i guess that's why they call it window pain'.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The Slim Shady LP is sold at the check out, literally right next to the debit machine, at a local Wal-Mart.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
what does that even mean? That people that like his older music are trashy?

I take it as representing how "moral standards" in mainstream entertainment consumption shift over time.

20 years ago I bet Wal-Mart stores would have refused to stock The Slim Shady LP.....now they flog it at the point of purchase like its a pack of gum or those shitty 'greatest hits' albums they sell in gas stations.

As someone who grew up "with" Eminem (i.e. I was basically the target demo when he hit the scene) I find it noteworthy that an album that once caused international outrage is now just filler for massive corporations to try and sneak into your shopping cart at the last second.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I take it as representing how "moral standards" in mainstream entertainment consumption shift over time.

20 years ago I bet Wal-Mart stores would have refused to stock The Slim Shady LP.....now they flog it at the point of purchase like its a pack of gum or those ****ty 'greatest hits' albums they sell in gas stations.

As someone who grew up "with" Eminem (i.e. I was basically the target demo when he hit the scene) I find it noteworthy that an album that once caused international outrage is now just filler for massive corporations to try and sneak into your shopping cart at the last second.

There was too much hype leading to the release of the album for any store to consider banning it imo.

I'm honestly more surprised you can still find the Slim Shady LP in disc form lol.

honestly though it should fall right into the shitty greatest hits album that they sell at gas stations category as its pretty much 20 years old. just typing that makes me feel so old ha.

Reactions: Pilky01

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
That is the turning point isnt it? When you can vividly remember what it felt like when something happened 20 years ago. :oops:

Reactions: tacogeoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad