Prospect Info: Emil Heineman (2020, #43 overall), Leksands IF (SHL)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
tenor.gif

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Love that we’re going for this hardworking identity.
Wasn't Tallon also drafting #character early on? I mean, hard-working is good but it has to come with skill too.
Don't know anything about the guy but seems like he was projected about where we picked him; hopefully he's good for us :)

I guess D for our next pick(s)?

Reactions: violaswallet

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Wasn't Tallon also drafting #character early on? I mean, hard-working is good but it has to come with skill too.
Don't know anything about the guy but seems like he was projected about where we picked him; hopefully he's good for us :)

I guess D for our next pick(s)?
He’s a goal scorer with a motor. Sounds like a guy on our team

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
past history? Doesn’t seem a great predictor of future performance. not useless but it seems most of the top end guys make the jump earlier

I don't think that's necessarily true though. Guys like Backstrom and Nylander weren't really particularly impressive in the SEL in their draft years(stats wise). There's no doubt Heineman is a late bloomer, but I don't think that's a reason to just write him off, as some successful nhlers also took time to mature in the pros in Sweden. Wallinder also spent most of his season in juniors and he went #32.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Looks like he's playing on Leksand's 3rd line in the SHL so far this season.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I had a similar first thought as some others expressed, Sounds like Hornqvist’s protégé.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Is this guy actually 5"4, 130lbs!?

Edit: Nevermind, HockeyDB must be way off on their listing.

Elite Prospects has him at 6"1, 185lbs.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Bengtsson? No, Heineman is good. He knows how to score goals and also has other dimensions to his game. It's a good pick. Our poor D though...

From the sound of it, he was playing with a very good playmaker, Nils Aman.

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
Great selection, playing for Leksand I have seen all his games in the SHL so far and I really like him. Checks hard, has a good shot and is not afraid to go to the net. Will be very interesting to follow in the SHL this season.

Perhaps you should pick up his linemate Nils Åman late in the draft too they complement each other well. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad