Speculation: Emery re-up close? (EDIT: Signing with PHI)

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Salak quit on the team after being sent down... that was his career with the Hawks.

Goalies take some time to adjust from NA to europe and otherwise. It takes some time and about 10 games to get it going

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Any chance we could do a sign and trade? Doesn't seem to make much sense to me in this situation.... But who knows

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Any chance we could do a sign and trade?

kobev_zps6586570e.gif

No...if he signs here it's because Bowman wants him to play here.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Agreed, thought Salak handled the situation poorly. Especially as the decision made perfect sense, as rather than bring him up immediately to the NHL to sit on his rear most nights he had time to grow and develop in Rockford nightly.

The fact that he isn't in the NHL is his fault only.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Any chance we could do a sign and trade? Doesn't seem to make much sense to me in this situation.... But who knows

This isn't basketball. After everything management has done to fix the teams reputation trading a ufa days after signing him would undo years of work.

LandofLincoln*

I wonder if Emery is going to wait until Monday? I was looking for an update last night and there was none wondering if there was a change in direction...

I hope we get Emery on a 3 year deal 1.75m a season seems pretty fair to me.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Hoping he gets an offer he can't refuse, from someone else. The fact that isn't done yet makes me think he will leave. It's got to be hard to turn down double the money and Philly makes a lot of sense. Get that money, Razor.

The Good Doctor

RIP HST (1937-2005)
Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Hoping he gets an offer he can't refuse, from someone else. The fact that isn't done yet makes me think he will leave. It's got to be hard to turn down double the money and Philly makes a lot of sense. Get that money, Razor.

Didn't the Lacavalier signing put them over the cap? How will Philly afford $3 million for Emery?

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
This is about loyalty. The fact that there were any negotiations with Emery's party and the Hawks screams loyalty.

Who gave Emery a shot in training camp when no one else gave him a sniff after double-hip replacement surgery? Chicago.

After a tough 2011-12 campaign, in the regular season of that year, which team believed in him to bounce back and extended him? Chicago.

After the things done for him and the success he's had, where could Ray have his sets on playing the 2013-14 season and possibly beyond in? Chicago.

He may take less to stay in Chicago. Razor has earned the right to chase more money, but you can't blame the guy if he loves it in here.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
New goalie coach, I'll take my chances letting him walk and would rather use the money to keep Roszival if possible. I'm not interested in seeing Emery get paid more than 1.5 for multiple years with a significant change in the routine.

I still like Emery, but this changes how much of a raise I'm comfortable seeing. I would rather see the money on a skater, particularly a dman.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I'd like him back, but for 1 or 2 years max. If it's 3 years or else, then I'd rather he just leave. You can't bury these deals in the minors anymore if they don't pan out.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 25s
Ray Emery very likely moving on from Chicago, looking for bigger role, chance at 1 or 1a spot. I'd put Philly as front-runner.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 25s
Ray Emery very likely moving on from Chicago, looking for bigger role, chance at 1 or 1a spot. I'd put Philly as front-runner.

Good for him. I hope he gets that chance.

From career-ending injury to a Cup and fighting for a #1 spot in just four years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00