Emergency GDT. Game 2, Wild @ Avs. 8:30pm CST, 4:30am Finland Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
Kuemper is back, and that's about the only good news we have heading back to St. Paul.

Those humongous big turnovers in the first game are even more humongouser bigger now...

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Thats what I think too... Welll we are down on the ropes now.. Gotta have an amazing comeback to win this series.. Can we do it? I'm not sure.. I hope so..

Thing is, almost ALL of the Avs goals have come on straight UNSCREENED shots. I'm trying to remember the goals from the first game, but I seem to remember Bryz just getting beat straight under his blocker like 3 times?

I don't think Keumps lets those in, he doesn't let in the straight shots on the first two goals either. Avs will actually have to earn their goals with Keumps in unless his nerves get to him when starting the next game.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
McKinnon, Stastny, and Landeskog apparently combined for 10 points.

I am just laughing so hard at this point.

This. We need to design a line to shut that line down. Balance goes out the window. I don't care who you put on it, but it needs to happen.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Don't feel like looking back if it's been discussed but Koivu got embarrassed by Mckinnon twice. Stopped skating and tried to poke check. Mckinnon laughed at him then skated around.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I don't think you can put this on the top line. Pominville/Granlund/Moulson have provided nothing though. They have a clear weakness and that is a fast physical game.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
This. We need to design a line to shut that line down. Balance goes out the window. I don't care who you put on it, but it needs to happen.

I seriously think they only score 1 goal tonight (the third one) if Keumps was in. Bryz did rob Statsny once, but other than that :help:

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Thing is, almost ALL of the Avs goals have come on straight UNSCREENED shots. I'm trying to remember the goals from the first game, but I seem to remember Bryz just getting beat straight under his blocker like 3 times?

I don't think Keumps lets those in, he doesn't let in the straight shots on the first two goals either. Avs will actually have to earn their goals with Keumps in unless his nerves get to him when starting the next game.

I didn't like how Bryz played tonight for sure. I can't really blame him for game one though.. We definitely win that game without him being hung out to dry a few times.. But yes I feel way more conident in Kuemper.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
You spend to the cap and you're getting beat by kids making the minimum. C'mon Mild. I'd rather see Kuemper finish out this series though, he looked really good.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I didn't like how Bryz played tonight for sure. I can't really blame him for game one though.. We definitely win that game without him being hung out to dry a few times.. But yes I feel way more conident in Kuemper.
He didn't look good though against the Preds. He was letting in goals that weren't screened. He developed a very quick habit of it. I know guys were taking that game off, but he looked very out of sorts.

At the end of the day, there is no excuse for this roster to be swept, yet that is the direction we're heading. What's hard to take is that many of the guys don't appear to be in playoff mode. If they can't get fired up and take it to the next level for the postseason, then what's the point? And this is the second year in a row where many haven't shown up. That's a problem.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
You spend to the cap and you're getting beat by kids making the minimum. C'mon Mild. I'd rather see Kuemper finish out this series though, he looked really good.

I think it's a matter of coaching at this point.

Roy knows how to motivate his kids and get the most out of them.

Yeo doesn't know how to motivate his vets and consistently punishes his kids.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
If that happens I'll feel genuinely happy about this team for the first time in while.

Yeo is the worst thing to happen to this team in years. I think we dump him mid season we're 2nd or 3rd in the division at the end of the year.

The Wild had the 3rd best record in the league since January and still finished over 10 points back in the division so i doubt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad