Emergency GDT. Game 2, Wild @ Avs. 8:30pm CST, 4:30am Finland Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
This. We need to design a line to shut that line down. Balance goes out the window. I don't care who you put on it, but it needs to happen.

The options as far as centers go are Brodz, Haula and Koivu. Brodz doesn't seem to be able to cut it, Haula has the speed but lacks experience and if you use Koivu there, Granlund's line has got to start scoring or we will get shut out. Granlund looks rusty at the moment but his veteran linemates have been pretty much MIA so I'd put most of the blame on them.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
He didn't look good though against the Preds. He was letting in goals that weren't screened. He developed a very quick habit of it.

At the end of the day, there is no excuse for this roster to be swept, yet that is the direction we're heading. What's hard to take is that many of the guys doing appear to be in playoff mode. If they can't get fired up and take it to the next level for the postseason, then what's the point? And this is the second year in a row where many haven't shown up. That's a problem.

That is a problem indeed... Ya need to show up for the postseason.. Or what is the point right? So frustrating.

J22*

The stupidity in this thread is mind boggling. Colorado gets paid to play to, and they're pretty good.

Varlomov makes a couple saves he probably shouldn't have, and Bryzgalov gives up 2 goals that an NHL goaltender shouldn't and everybody in the entire franchise is garbage?

News flash for everyone. Colorado is a really good team and if they get the better goaltending they're going to win.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
I didn't like how Bryz played tonight for sure. I can't really blame him for game one though.. We definitely win that game without him being hung out to dry a few times.. But yes I feel way more conident in Kuemper.

Fact is Bryz had an .830 save percentage in game one..

Bryz is the guy who makes all the saves that you expect, but doesn't have a chance if a shooter can take a second on him..

Honestly,
2nd Goal (Slap Shot)
3rd Goal (Brodz turnover, Bryz gave up a bad rebound)
4th Goal (Another bad rebound, but this one is more forgivable than the first, and neither are terrible)
5th Goal (Under the arm??? Easily readable play, bad angle, this one almost SHOULD be stopped.)

Any of those goals are stoppable, and I don't really see Bryz as a guy who will go out and steal a game for you. I think if Keumper is in, from what I've seen, he would make saves on the 2nd, 4th, and 5th goals.

Obviously there are some that Bryz stops that Keumps may not, but I think those are fewer than the ones Keumps stops that Bryz doesn't..

And this is assuming that Keumps is on his game..

Honestly I just want a scapegoat, and Bryz is used to it so why not him.. :sarcasm:

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Just rewatched the highlights. Parise on for all four goals against. At least 2 goals he should have saved by backchecking. Unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad