GDT: Emergency Clockwork Orange Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
NHL stats show 17 giveaways and just 3 takeaways by Oilers... not sure if accurate... but there's certainly been more than a few turnovers served up.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah worse comes to worse Skinner+Comrie tandem or something doesn't work and we make midseason trade for a goalie. The extra 3-4 mil could've gotten us an upgrade to a legit top 4 dman+actually run 23 players.
Agreed. I’d say this was probably the optimal choice for this roster. Still though, i think there’s a good chance Campbell hits big for us. So we’ll see.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Oct 15, 2017
The Oilers d has been atrocious at moving the puck clean for 2 games. Why so many east west passes or back passes. Just get it to the fwds for fack sakes.

Kulak has Been soo bad

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I still think the sloppiness comes down to wasting too much time cutting players in training camp. Needed to spend a good two more games actually figuring out line combos. Kind of one issue with your HC coming up from the farm team, seems like he wants to really give all his players down there extra rope when they dont need it.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
We've been really dominated even strength this game hopefully just early in the season struggles I much preferred how we played the end of last year.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I still think the sloppiness comes down to wasting too much time cutting players in training camp. Needed to spend a good two more games actually figuring out line combos.
Probably a factor yes.. especially when they had 8 games and they basically didn't do a damn thing to their roster that wasn't already going to happen anyway because of the cap restrictions.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Probably a factor yes.. especially when they had 8 games and they basically didn't do a damn thing to their roster that wasn't already going to happen anyway because of the cap restrictions.
Yeah that's the annoying part, you had like 4 players to pick from and 2 of them had to be waiver eligible, none of those were every going to be f***ing Jake Virtanens and Demers.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
We’re at like 60% of our true team speed. Nowhere near how fast we played in the playoffs. Key word for this teams start this year: tentative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad