GDT: Emergency Clockwork Orange Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Wasn't planning on making one but it is either a honey do list, catch up on some filing, open some bills, run some errands, or help HFOil with an emergency GDT.

Sacrifices must be made.

I may or may not add to this space with extremely low quality photoshop using Apple Preview and bad jokes so check back here hourly for possible added content, which will be sold at a premium on 5M4F+ later this year pending subscription and concessions prices being worked out.

My apologies if someone else has done this theme already. Not really actually. It was an emergency, went for low hanging fruit.

Clockwork Orange

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 8.59.38 AM.png

McDavid will be doing some ultra violence tonight and carving up Flames goaltending.

Meanwhile Flames fans will be watching.....

A-Clockwork-Orange-920x920.jpg

Flames fans forcing themselves to watch the Oilers Flames Game 5. Elimination game. They didn't want to watch but instead forced themselves to.

Started pretty good for them,.

3efb889a0109aa90c5e8682df9aeec45.jpg

Then....the game went into overtime....

1639773538_Lo-que-realmente-significa-el-titulo-de-la-pelicula.jpg

And we all know how it ended!

Priceless Flame Fan Cam reaction seeing McDavid win the series in OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOvertiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

Here is the unofficial starting lineup for the Oilers:

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 8.12.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 8.12.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 8.12.53 AM.png

The unofficial starting lineup for the Calgary Flames is:

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 8.11.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 8.11.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 8.11.54 AM.png

In the meantime enjoy highlights from Game 5 of last years playoffs and some of Connor McDavids brilliance.

FEARLESS PREDICTION

:edmonton 4 :flames 2

Last edited:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I feel like Calgary gets their revenge tonight but hopefully I’m wrong

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Wasn't planning on making one but it is either a honey do list, catch up on some filing, open some bills, run some errands, or help HFOil with an emergency GDT.

Sacrifices must be made.

I may or may not add to this space with extremely low quality photoshop using Apple Preview and bad jokes so check back here hourly for possible added content, which will be sold at a premium on 5M4F+ later this year pending subscription and concessions prices being worked out.

Clockwork Orange

View attachment 594286

McDavid will be doing some ultra violence tonight and carving up Flames goaltending.

Here is the unofficial starting lineup for the Oilers:

View attachment 594262

View attachment 594263

View attachment 594264

The unofficial starting lineup for the Calgary Flames is:

View attachment 594265

View attachment 594266

View attachment 594267

In the meantime enjoy highlights from Game 5 of last years playoffs and some of Connor McDavids brilliance.

FEARLESS PREDICTION

:edmonton 4 :flames 2

Great job. One of my all time favorite movies.

I don't get the acronym:

BOA GDT MIA on HFO​

HFO? Hands Free Orgasm?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I don't get the acronym:

BOA GDT MIA on HFO​

HFO? Hands Free Orgasm?

If we win there will be an HFO!

Battle Of Alberta Game Day Thread Missing In Action on HF Oil.

It was an emergency title till I could do a quick crappy photoshop of something lol.

I just added Flames fans reactions to Game 5 from your favourite movie.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
I did a quick click on the TSN web page and something became very obvious to me.

The Oilers can’t stand the Toronto media as much as us. The reason why Kane never hesitated on dropping the empty net goal back to McDavid is to attempt to shut up the T.O. Media on there Matthews is in the same conversation as McDavid talk. all the headlines after the McD hat trick is “Will McDavid dethrone Matthew?”.

I have zero doubt in my mind that McDavid will win the scoring race this year. Oh what will the T.O. Media have to spin in the Matthews propaganda then???

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
The Oilers can’t stand the Toronto media as much as us. The reason why Kane never hesitated on dropping the empty net goal back to McDavid is to attempt to shut up the T.O. Media on there Matthews is in the same conversation as McDavid talk. all the headlines after the McD hat trick is “Will McDavid dethrone Matthew?”.

The Oilers contributing to McDavid having a breakout year goal scoring so he dominates the Rocket Richard race sounds like an excellent idea.

Doing so to quiet Toronto media and show Leafs fans who the undeniable best player in the league is?

Nothing could make me like this team more.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I don't get the acronym:

BOA GDT MIA on HFO​

HFO? Hands Free Orgasm?
Loved the movie as well. best seen in a cinema near release when the audience didn't know what to think. Some would head to exits, others roll their heads, others would realize what a work of art it was and a classic. But initiial reactions were mixed.

Back to topic. Calgary is the 5th oldest team in the league. Every other team that is older has won the Stanley cup. Calgary has won a first place division banner. Its hilarious Calgary is so leveraged into win now mode and that they aren't going anywhere. They're just old. Calgary will have some success this season but man they really are riding vet older players. Theres no promise in the lineup and theres no future.

Interestingly the Oilers are in win now mode and only a dozen clubs dressed a younger lineup to start this season. Our club would be even younger possibly but we had some cap restraints, injuries.. All the clubs younger than us are in rebuild mode.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Loved the movie as well. best seen in a cinema near release when the audience didn't know what to think. Some would head to exits, others roll their heads, others would realize what a work of art it was and a classic. But initiial reactions were mixed.

Back to topic. Calgary is the 5th oldest team in the league. Every other team that is older has won the Stanley cup. Calgary has won a first place division banner. Its hilarious Calgary is so leveraged into win now mode and that they aren't going anywhere. They're just old. Calgary will have some success this season but man they really are riding vet older players. Theres no promise in the lineup and theres no future.

Interestingly the Oilers are in win now mode and only a dozen clubs dressed a younger lineup to start this season. Our club would be even younger possibly but we had some cap restraints, injuries.. All the clubs younger than us are in rebuild mode.
They also only have $3.9M in cap space next year on 17 contracts with Lucic coming off the books with no prospects of note to fill in. The year after that they have Lindholm and Hanifin needing big raises and they mut resign Tanev and Backlund. It really is win now for the Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad