Value of: Emelin + 2017 1st Round pick

LuckyProFlames

Nov 5, 2015
okay ill change it the retention on Emelin?
Emelin at 3M + 3rd round pick for Bouma(2.2M) + Wotherspoon/Kulak(both dman could step up to the NHL soon if not now but Cgy has a lot of #5-6 guys, i see Emelin either being a decent partner with Dougie or Gio or could easily run the 3rd line with Eng or Joky)

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
How long is Emelin signed for? If it's less than 2 years I'd consider Read + our 2nd for him + your 1st. We'd then of course have to send out another dman through trade but I'd make this move if just to move up 20 or so spots in the draft

NateB19

Feb 25, 2016
king is a better forward than emelin is a defenseman and clifford is a very physical 4 lw who if played more then 10 mins a game would be among the nhl leaders in hits You need to watch more king games

I wouldn't trade a 2nd straight up for both of them.

bloudy

Feb 12, 2015
East Vancouver
That 1st rounder will be around 17-18. Healthy Price will get them to the playoffs, but crappy team full of 3rd-4th line grinders will mean an early exit.
Now remember the return needs to be a grinder with maximum, 3rd line potential. (MT plays them in the top 6 anyway, but their cheaper, so MB likes them more).

As a fellow Habs fan, I approve this message.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
king is a better forward than emelin is a defenseman and clifford is a very physical 4 lw who if played more then 10 mins a game would be among the nhl leaders in hits You need to watch more king games

I have watched games, not a fan. Especially not at a cost of a first and Emelin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad