Recalled/Assigned: Elmer sent to GR

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
6 points in his last 8, all while playing depth minutes... and they send him down.

Welp, tank on.
He definitely made the decision trickier with that kind of production but you could see a fair amount of defensive mistakes in Soderblom's game.

With the increased icetime he'll have in the AHL he'll have more opportunity to clean that up, work on using his size more, and develop his game overall. There's no question he's coming back to the Wings at some point.

Reactions: dalem177
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
He definitely made the decision trickier with that kind of production but you could see a fair amount of defensive mistakes in Soderblom's game.

With the increased icetime he'll have in the AHL he'll have more opportunity to clean that up, work on using his size more, and develop his game overall. There's no question he's coming back to the Wings at some point.
Counterpoint: ain't nobody improving defensively in Grand Rapids this season.

Or offensively, for that matter.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Our best scorer from last 10 games.

This is kind of a tank move.

Assets we are gonna sell, are kept up.

1673208995304.png

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Now Fabbri is going to play every game, someone should send down or sit. When Bertuzzi comes someone else should be send down or sit. My guess it will be Erne . Then Zadina is ready , he probably will send down for 3 games. After that I expect some decision have to be done, hope it is trade for 2023 draft picks

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Now Fabbri is going to play every game, someone should send down or sit. When Bertuzzi comes someone else should be send down or sit. My guess it will be Erne . Then Zadina is ready , he probably will send down for 3 games. After that I expect some decision have to be done, hope it is trade for 2023 draft picks
When Bert is back:
Berggren - Larkin - Perron
Bertuzzi - Copp - Raymond
Fabbri - Rasmussen - Kubalik
Erne - Veleno - Sundqvist

Is what I'd like to see. As much flak as Erne gets he at least brings some jam to the bottom 6 which we lack, Suter is just kind of there. Bringing Suter in as a center will mean some weak line combos that I don't like. He can be the scratch due to his center utility. Likely Zadina or Ned or Hellberg are the ones waived.
If Vrana ever makes it back then Erne is probably out. They'll probably just slot Vrana in Erne's 4th line spot and ease him in as a depth scorer.

Reactions: 14ari13

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tank move? You saying Elmer > Tyler?

He is better than any other else from latest games.

Elmer needs work in the defensive zone. I don't see this as an issue. He can replace Erne next season or when Erne gets traded.

Team Best at on-ice GF% and best at xGF%. (last 10 games)

He was just right, but we went on tank mode.

1673217011140.png

It's just obvious if Yzerman is sending our most effective offensive player to farm system. He doesn't need anything to be developed there, everything was developing well at NHL level.

Reactions: 14ari13

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Vrana coming up?
Not even close to that. Yes he did get an assist in Friday's night's game and did not do much in the shootout last night. He has to find his shooting as that is well off right now. Starting to pass better, but no where near what he was last season.

Hearing talk of the Wings send down Zadina to GR for this week on a conditioning stint since the Griffins have 3 more home games this week before heading out on the road. He would have to be back on the Wings roster before that happens.

I see Solderblom got sent down to GR earlier today. Hope he can produce for us down here. His 2 games here before showed nothing from him.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Take solace, Henkka, we still have Pius Suter on the roster. We'll be ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad