Eller - Our 2nd line LW for the PO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Reading the thread... Why is it so important for some here to put a number on each line. I don't get it.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If Eller has a good season (at least 45-50 points), then he deserves to be the 2nd line LW.

Expecting that kind of production is just so unfair. Eller got some PP in the first 2-3 games but barely step foot on that PP since then.

Last year, only one of our forward had more than 40 points at ES and it was Pacioretty. If Eller doesn't get much PP time, 35-40 points would be really good in this role.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Expecting that kind of production is just so unfair. Eller got some PP in the first 2-3 games but barely step foot on that PP since then.

Last year, only one of our forward had more than 40 points at ES and it was Pacioretty. If Eller doesn't get much PP time, 35-40 points would be really good in this role.

I agree. ES alone, 35-40 would even be more than really good, it would be fantastic.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Eller currently has one fewer goals and one fewer overall points than Max does 5on5. Is he supposed to be outscoring him?

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I think this will finally be the year when everyone realizes that Eller is a bottom 6 guy that has limited offensive upside. Nothing I've seen this year makes me think he is anymore than a career 25-30 point player. He just has no idea what to do with the puck in the offensive zone other than hold on to it.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Eller currently has one fewer goals and one fewer overall points than Max does 5on5. Is he supposed to be outscoring him?

No, he's not supposed to be outscoring him, he isn't currently out producing him, and by the end of the year that gap will be significantly larger.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
He's currently on pace for 32 points despite 2nd line ice time and the team leading the league in scoring...

Hypocritical as per usual MS.

You continuously chimed last year that DD was NOT OUR 1st LINE CENTRE because plek had more icetime (despite playing with Pacioretty, our first line winger)

NOW you claim Eller is our "2ND LINE WINGER" despite playing less minutes than Pacioretty and Fleischmann.

Seriously, figure out your argument before posting.

Nynja*

No, he's not supposed to be outscoring him, he isn't currently out producing him, and by the end of the year that gap will be significantly larger.

So you want Eller to outproduce our top scorer? Thats your baseline?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
He's currently on pace for 32 points despite 2nd line ice time and the team leading the league in scoring...

2nd line minute?
Fleischmann as a LW is 2nd in ice-time over Eller.
They're bot supposed to be even equal to consider Eller's usage as "2nd line minutes"

I think this will finally be the year when everyone realizes that Eller is a bottom 6 guy that has limited offensive upside. Nothing I've seen this year makes me think he is anymore than a career 25-30 point player. He just has no idea what to do with the puck in the offensive zone other than hold on to it.

He scored 3 goals, that's more than both of his linesmates combine who are getting their share of PP. He's also leading his line in shots on goal....i don't really see him being the problem right now.

He's a winger now......his job is fore checking, puck retrieval, shooting, taking rebound, winning boards battle..screening and going into the slot. Doing this pretty well.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario

Seriously?

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
hard time to be a Eller cult unconditional... Always a new excuse. It's start to be harder and harder to swallow.

He is playing a Offensive role with our potential 1 center, get more O-Zone start then D-zone start.

It start good, but currently he is not helping is line much...

Either Fleischmann is superman cause Weise and DD cannot make a line better
Or
Semin is so bad cause he is making both Galch & Eller looked bad...

Maybe
Switching Eller with Galchenyuk since Eller may be only a center afterall (ouf...):sarcasm:
or
Trade DD to stop the misuse of Eller on the wing

Really check?

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
hard time to be a Eller cult unconditional... Always a new excuse. It's start to be harder and harder to swallow.

He is playing a Offensive role with our potential 1 center, get more O-Zone start then D-zone start.

Or

Maybe
Switching Eller with Galchenyuk since Eller may be only a center afterall (ouf...):sarcasm:
or

Really check?

What are you trying to get at?

Eller has looked good imo. So has flash.....what's your point?
How does switching Eller to Centre, with the same lines do anything?

Geez 1 loss and the boards blow up with nonsense.

Nynja*

Or

Maybe
or

Really check?

Yes, Larry is getting sheltered deployment on Chucky's wing. No, Eller is not "an offensive black hole". He's got 3 5v5 goals, good for 3rd on the team. I have to say 5v5 goals, because Davey gets the PP time he's not. Eller's got the second highest shooting percentage on the team right now, behind Mitchell's 31% (LOL). He has a positive Corsi (expected with the sheltered deployment), yet Davey's getting moderate sheltering (15% ZSO%Rel) and he cant maintain a positive Corsi.

Eller's not the weak link on his line, and regardless his line was expected to experience some growing pains.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
What are you trying to get at?

Eller has looked good imo. So has flash.....what's your point?
How does switching Eller to Centre, with the same lines do anything?

Geez 1 loss and the boards blow up with nonsense.

I don't want to good trough HF DD, Eller, Galch and MT tread to explain to logic behind my last post. It's not nonsense.

Eller is good defensively and is a very useful player. Some game, he plays like a superstar! But he has is limits and maybe he is not even at DD level :sarcasm:

The mismanagement argument and the amount of excuses on Eller case were just overused in my opinion...

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I don't want to good trough HF DD, Eller, Galch and MT tread to explain to logic behind my last post. It's not nonsense.

Eller is good defensively and is a very useful player. Some game, he plays like a superstar! But he has is limits and maybe he is not even at DD level :sarcasm:

The mismanagement argument and the amount of excuses on Eller case were just overused in my opinion...

Prust now has 5 points in 9 games (hopefully not injured too badly). With that pace, Prust would become a 40 points player.

Who was holding who back last season?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Prust now has 5 points in 9 games (hopefully not injured too badly). With that pace, Prust would become a 40 points player.

Who was holding who back last season?

They mentioned on TSN690 today that Prust looked faster last night than what he did last season. They said he had a cyst (I think that's what they said) removed from his foot in the off season that bothered him last season.

Hopefully Prust's injury from last night isn't too serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad