Eliteprospects lists traffic breakdown from each country

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wow the UK that high.
Hockey has quite a good cult following in the UK, especially with probably many NA transplants there as well. It's just that their leagues' and development system is in shambles. EIHL is filled with an insane amount of foreigners who clog the spots for local players and the secondary league called the NIHL where majority of the English players are is too irregular in talent level to get any development from. The guy in charge of UK's hockey federation thinks that every single ice arena in England, Scotland, and North Ireland deserves to have a team. So you get a wide variation of talent levels where the great players smoke the bad clubs while never developing and bad players can never develop into better players.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Eliteprospects put further informations into the comment section:

12. Austria
13.Russia
14. Italy
15. Denmark

131.Congo-Kinshasa
132.Turkmenistan
133.Seychelles

11th any guesses? I'd say France.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I assume that Russians use some Russian language site for this. In general, many people in Russia aren't that good at English so I imagine that's a contributing factor.

On Eliteprospects, it's my main source and I use it a lot, but it really has some serious flaws when it comes to the Finnish junior leagues so unfortunately I can't use it for Finland.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Does it mean, Russians don't use the site?
Just like Russians are rare on hfboards. Most russian posters here have a migration background :)

But what surprises you? The site(eliteprospects) is very NHL oriented.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I assume that Russians use some Russian language site for this. In general, many people in Russia aren't that good at English so I imagine that's a contributing factor.

On Eliteprospects, it's my main source and I use it a lot, but it really has some serious flaws when it comes to the Finnish junior leagues so unfortunately I can't use it for Finland.

For Russian hockey I like to use r-hockey.ru. A lot more detailed instead of EP having just "Russia U17". But in general, EP is the best resource out for junior hockey.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Eliteprospects put further informations into the comment section:

12. Austria
13.Russia
14. Italy
15. Denmark

131.Congo-Kinshasa
132.Turkmenistan
133.Seychelles

11th any guesses? I'd say France.

Isn't the President of Turkmenistan a big hockey fan and trying to force hockey on this country?

https://deadspin.com/5903617/sports-loving-president-forces-ice-hockey-on-his-poor-desert-nation
Ice hockey edict for desert state
Desert is no obstacle for Turkmen leader's ice hockey dream
Turkmenistan leader set on ice hockey glory

The Turkmenistan ice hockey team is 8-0-0 so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad