Prospect Info: Elite Prospects Top 100

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Not sure how many of you pay for EP Rinkside, but EP just finished putting out their top 100 affiliated list.
For our guys:
94. Joe Veleno
59. Theodore Neiderbach
53. Jonatan Berggren
49. Albert Johansson
27. Simon Edvinsson
8. Lucas Raymond
6. Moritz Seider

They have Sanderson, Byram, Caulfied, Zegras, and Byfield above Mo. Cant say I completely agree, but pretty cool to have 7 of the top 100. No goalies were listed.

Reactions: deca guard

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Do they have any corresponding explanations or is just a list? Curious to what they have to say about some of these.
They do. Anyone in particular? I don't know if I'm allowed to copy and paste all of it.

Here's Raymond's blurb: "Lucas Raymond has been in a difficult situation with Frölunda the last two seasons, where his ice-time and offensive assignments haven't aligned with his ability. Accordingly, his production, solid all things considered, hasn't screamed top prospect. The tape makes clear that this is a contextual mirage -- Raymond's top-line upside is ever-present. His handling skills, problem-solving ability, and crossover-fueled attacks through the neutral form the basis of a potent rushing game. And his unrelenting motor, physical engagement, and defensive details are sure to win over coaches at every level. If Raymond was a stock, then now would be the time to buy."

And here is Seider's: "Moritz Seider is the first non-Swedish player to win the Elite Prospects Award, given to the SHL's top junior player, and it was well-earned with his performance on loan in Rögle. His durable defensive play has him set up for long-term success, a testament to his combination of size, skating ability, physicality, and a generally commanding presence every time he's on the ice. He's shown real growth over the last two seasons offensively, whether it's joining the rush more frequently or activating off of the blue line consistently, and it's starting to pay off on the scoresheet. Seider has top-pairing upside, the only question is whether the offence will translate at the NHL level. At this point, I'm not sure how confident I would be betting against Seider."
Ranking the NHL's top 100 affiliated prospects in 2021: Skaters 25-1 - EP Rinkside

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Not sure how many of you pay for EP Rinkside, but EP just finished putting out their top 100 affiliated list.
For our guys:
94. Joe Veleno
59. Theodore Neiderbach
53. Jonatan Berggren
49. Albert Johansson
27. Simon Edvinsson
8. Lucas Raymond
6. Moritz Seider

They have Sanderson, Byram, Caulfied, Zegras, and Byfield above Mo. Cant say I completely agree, but pretty cool to have 7 of the top 100. No goalies were listed.
Would you trade Seider for any of them? I wouldn't. Maybe Raymond or Edvinsson.

just saw somebody say they rate seider at 6.5 hockey sense and am wondering how high the scale goes ?
6, lol.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Would you trade Seider for any of them? I wouldn't. Maybe Raymond or Edvinsson.

6, lol.
No I would not. I like Zegras, but I wouldn't trade Seider for him. I'm still sticking to my guns on Byfield not living up to his draft hype. That said, he would probably be the closest to getting me to consider letting Mo go, but it would depend on his upcoming season.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
For our guys:
94. Joe Veleno
59. Theodore Neiderbach
53. Jonatan Berggren
49. Albert Johansson
27. Simon Edvinsson
8. Lucas Raymond
6. Moritz Seider

That's f***ed

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
For our guys:
94. Joe Veleno
59. Theodore Neiderbach
53. Jonatan Berggren
49. Albert Johansson
27. Simon Edvinsson
8. Lucas Raymond
6. Moritz Seider

Neiderbach and Veleno should be switched imo, and I can’t see a real argument for Byram or Sanderson to be over Seider at this point. Nice list though, especially since Cossa probably top 5 Goalie Prospect

Last edited:
Reactions: lidstromiscool

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
And here is Seider's: "Moritz Seider is the first non-Swedish player to win the Elite Prospects Award, given to the SHL's top junior player, and it was well-earned with his performance on loan in Rögle. His durable defensive play has him set up for long-term success, a testament to his combination of size, skating ability, physicality, and a generally commanding presence every time he's on the ice. He's shown real growth over the last two seasons offensively, whether it's joining the rush more frequently or activating off of the blue line consistently, and it's starting to pay off on the scoresheet. Seider has top-pairing upside, the only question is whether the offence will translate at the NHL level. At this point, I'm not sure how confident I would be betting against Seider."
Ranking the NHL's top 100 affiliated prospects in 2021: Skaters 25-1 - EP Rinkside

The fact that they focus on winning the Elite Prospect Award, and not Defenseman of the Year is just weird. I feel like these lists are really undervaluing winning Defenseman of the Year in the SHL.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
The fact that they focus on winning the Elite Prospect Award, and not Defenseman of the Year is just weird. I feel like these lists are really undervaluing winning Defenseman of the Year in the SHL.
And Best Defenseman at the World Men's Hockey Championship as well as making the all-star team, there. Not insignificant. Makes me wonder if they came up with the list at the end of the NHL season, just as a cutoff date, knowing that it would be out of date by the time it was released.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Does anyone have an email address for elite prospects? I want to cancel my subscription and I can’t find any way to contact them. I don’t like places that renew memberships without my permission and automatically deduct it from my bank account

Reactions: deca guard

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Not sure how Byram, Sanderson and Caufield are above Seider at this point. I could at least see an argument for Zegras and Byfield. Also I don't understand the Caufield hype, I would take Raymond ahead of him without a debate.

Reactions: Hatter of the Beach

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Does anyone have an email address for elite prospects? I want to cancel my subscription and I can’t find any way to contact them. I don’t like places that renew memberships without my permission and automatically deduct it from my bank account

Try their support form through your premium membership login.

overview_contact.png

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I totally understand how Byram and Sanderson are rated above Seider right now. I mean Seider dominated last year, but his quality of competition was between AHL and Junior level:sarcasm:

Reactions: Syckle78

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Thanks for your help Bench. I never got a premium membership. I paid 130 bucks Canadian and I assumed that would get me access to everything. It kept saying I had to pay another big fee to get premium. I refused to pay it and decided not to get it again the following year. They automatically took it from my account and I have no way of contacting them.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I've got Sanderson over Seider.
Not by a lot, but...
Sanderson is going to be a beast. Not as physical as Seider, but probably more effective defensively/offensively.

Only real problem I have on the list is Edvinsson being ranked 27th. But EP, known for overrating Swedes, for whatever reason, wasn't super big on Edvinsson.
Who cares?

It's a list.

If you can't see the upside in Edvinsson watching the clips we've seen...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00