Elite defender, Miro Heiskanen

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Heiskanen doesn't need calder trophy to boost him as a player or prove that he's excellent young dman.
I just wish that Stars wins stanley cup this season.
Stanley cup championship ring is much valuable than some individual rookie award ( calder) .

Reactions: Kcb12345

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Didn't we just say the same thing?
No, there is an important distinction. Do you think that Marco Sturm is the greatest German forward ever? Or is it Leon Draisaitl? Draisaitl's not retired yet. And this was my point. It's tough to predict some 15 years in the future that no better defensemen will come out of Finland.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
No, there is an important distinction. Do you think that Marco Sturm is the greatest German forward ever? Or is it Leon Draisaitl? Draisaitl's not retired yet. And this was my point. It's tough to predict some 15 years in the future that no better defensemen will come out of Finland.
Well, maybe I wasn't clear with my English but I was only talking about Heiskanen surpassing the defenders that we've had so far.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Heiskanen could be the best Finn player going forward.

For sure he could, and for sure Kakko could and so could another Finn we haven't heard of. I just think it's way too early to declare Heis untouchable for new Finns coming into the league, especially vs players that haven't even been drafted yet.

How can you say he's for sure going to be better than the #2 borderline OV pick next year? He could and probably will, but it's not a sure thing.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Yesterday while watching Heiskanen i was just in awe of what he did with the puck and his skating amd just everything. He's so dynamicly amazing that one can only smile watching this kid. Kakko sure is good and sure there is a chamse he might get better. But those chanses are realistically so slim that it's practically not possible. If Heiskanen was in this 2019 draft class he would go 2nd or 1st over Kakko easily.

Reactions: Waldemarsonson

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Are people forgetting Barkov is 23 years old and still playing in the NHL?

Heiskanen is amazing and has top 10 and even top 5 D potential, but let's not forget about Barkov here. Elite defensive forward and just capped off a 96 point season.

Let's leave it at "could" become best Finn, for now.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki

Heiskanen is amazing and has top 10 and even top 5 D potential, but let's not forget about Barkov here. Elite defensive forward and just capped off a 96 point season.

True, true.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013

I am pretty sure Heiskanen is going to be TOP3 D-man with Dahlin in future.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

There comes a time in a young players life where he goes from (1) underrated to (2) everyone everyone yelling that he is underrated to (3) actually be overrated to (4) appropriately rated.

Reactions: Stubu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad