Player Discussion Elias Pettersson - Second Half Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
To win an MVP, you gotta be able to crank up the PP points, which he doesn't really do now.

Selke is probably out of the question on a team with such a bad PK, regardless of who's at fault there. Lame trophy anyway

What's that comeback trophy called? Probably EK's to lose.
All awards are lame.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
He’s actually shooting below his career average. Wonder if he’ll heat up even more as the goals start piling up.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Pettersson is 6th in the league in even strength points. Just 9 PP points. That's always a really good sign.

13th in league scoring overall.

Reactions: supercanuck

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
If the dude could re-learn how to hit the net on the PP, he could challenge for a McDavid injured season Ross, alla Sedins.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
This is the "playoffs EP" that many thought had the potential to be a top 5-10 C in the league. My only concern is his wrist. Is his shot seemingly less accurate because of an injury of just an anomaly?

If we could find him a play driving winger, we could have an awesome top line for many years. (I still hope that this winger is Podz but we sure are messing with his development this year.)

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
He’s been exceptional, an elite 200 foot player. By the eye test there looks like there’s more upside offensively.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If the dude could re-learn how to hit the net on the PP, he could challenge for a McDavid injured season Ross, alla Sedins.

He tries to be too perfect on those shots.

Most of the time he won't even pull the trigger if the pass isn't 100% on point (albeit Hughes does unnecessarily provide too many crap passes).

When he does shoot he either misses the net or hits the post (same thing) trying to pick corners.

Just get it on net and good things will happen, my man.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
He really just acts as a static shooter on the PP who rarely moves around much or has passing options unless he has to retrieve the puck. I'd like to see an umbrella deployment with Pettersson as the high point man, risky as that might seem.

Reactions: Kreator

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
He really just acts as a static shooter on the PP who rarely moves around much or has passing options unless he has to retrieve the puck. I'd like to see an umbrella deployment with Pettersson as the high point man, risky as that might seem.
Id be down with that for a try. Give Miller the one-timer/shooter spot, he's got the quick release, and ofcourse can find Kuz for the tap-ins. Maybe Hughes can be on the left, feeding the bumper. Tell EP to just rip, and don't check on any players he may injure with his shot. 2012 Kovalchuk like.

Kuz and Bo are just fine as is.

They could also, wild thought... move around on occasion. Whatever the hell they're doing is statistically working great though, but damn if it ain't ugly.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Andrew Walker used to post tweets where he had a modeling photo of his under his tweet about sports. You know what I mean - like a guy modeling a shirt and pants in a men's catalogue. Creepy, douchy, egotistical, and worthy of mocking, which I did on more than one occasion.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
There can be not doubt that EP is playing at an elite level... right now but we are in December and there's a lot of season left. He is 100% healthy (despite the constant suggestions that he is "playng hurt" or "nursing an injury"). IMHO this is pretty much as good as it's going to get; he might improve a bit but, again IMHO, I think it is far more likely he will sustain some sort of injury that doesn't cause him to miss any games but knocks him off his game enough to seriously hinder his play. We have seen this before with him. Now as far as I care as long as FAQ is hell bent on running this team into the ground I say give EP a trillion dollars and then wait for the inevitable career ruining injury to turn him into next year's Miller, Eriksson etc. If that doesn't happen I pretty much guarantee he demands a trade somewhere glitzier. He doesn't sound committed to this team/city to me. Enjoy it while you can...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad