Player Discussion Elias Pettersson - Second Half Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Me to.

And because I am a vindictive person, I laughed then at the people who were suggesting selling low on him and I laugh at them still.

But now going forward the idea might not be the team's. He just played a team that won a cup and he can see success when he plays against it.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Been saying this forever and now Schenn himself, agrees. (Yeah even during his slump to start last year. )

20221124_171018.jpg

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Another 10 pounds on that frame and we have ourselves a Barkov/Rantanen combo clone. I hope he decides to stay

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
He’s a Hart and Selke candidate at this point. Top 5-8 player in the game right now.

He’s going to cost 11-12 million at this rate.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
He’s a Hart and Selke candidate at this point. Top 5-8 player in the game right now.

He’s going to cost 11-12 million at this rate.

He needs to produce more for the Hart. Eastern Bias and FO% wont really let him get in the Selke race either.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
He needs to produce more for the Hart. Eastern Bias and FO% wont really let him get in the Selke race either.
He’s top 10 in scoring right now and hasn’t even gotten lucky yet. He’s been shooting at his career average so far. He’s bound to go on a couple heaters. Should realistically have 30-35 points right now with better luck on the powerplay and teammates converting chances. It’ll come down to if they make the playoffs or not. He’s scratching the surface so far. The hype of Selke is just starting. Hopefully itll take off during the year.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
He’s top 10 in scoring right now and hasn’t even gotten lucky yet. He’s been shooting at his career average so far. He’s bound to go on a couple heaters. Should realistically have 30-35 points right now with better luck on the powerplay and teammates converting chances. It’ll come down to if they make the playoffs or not. He’s scratching the surface so far. The hype of Selke is just starting. Hopefully itll take off during the year.

I agree with you HE SHOULD. But top 10 doesn’t get you Hart he needs top 5 production. I think he needs to get more productive on the PP if he wants the Hart.

Agree on the second point. He’ll probably get real respect next season after he starts getting noticed this season.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
If he goes PPG+ with Selke level two way play... and drags the Canucks into the playoffs, he could get some looks for major awards. But it almost hurts his case if you have Horvat Miller etc putting up 30+ goal seasons.

Takes away from his singlehandedly putting the team in the hunt etc.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I remember I wanted to give him a MacKinnon like contract earlier in his career
Now he's probably gonna look for 9+mil after this contract ends.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Elite 2-way player with 100 point upside. Developing into that Datsyuk level player. Best talent we have had since Bure.
Petey is carrying this team on his back right now.....but the constant gnawing fear is the possibility of injury. He's not the biggest guy out there and he takes a lot of punishment.

But I guess you ride his hot streak as long as possible.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Legitimately looking like a Datsyuk on some shifts. Constantly 2 steps ahead, breaking up plays, intercepting passes, pulling dangles out of nowhere.

Reactions: LordBacon

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Elite 2-way player with 100 point upside. Developing into that Datsyuk level player. Best talent we have had since Bure.

after a couple of years of wondering, the last five games all of a sudden he is head and shoulders our best forward.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
This is the Petey we all thought he could become when he's was awing us in his rookie season...he just kind of stagnated for four years.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This is the Petey we all thought he could become when he's was awing us in his rookie season...he just kind of stagnated for four years.
i still disagree with this sentiment. seems exaggerated

bad stretches:
he was bad in the bubble season and putrid the first 40 games of last year.

good stretches:
he carried goldobin and eriksson in year 1
he was the driver on the lotto line in year 2
he was good the last 40 games of year 4
he's been good this year

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

bad stretches:

good stretches:
he's been good this year

I feel a lot of revisionist history was done on his past success to rationalize why he was sucking. In reality, it was about 60ish game slump mixed in with injuries.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008

bad stretches:

good stretches:
he's been good this year
Not exaggerated at all if you know what stagnate means. Petey started his career with 56 points in 52 games, but in 4 seasons never averaged a point per game. Everybody has been waiting for him to put it together, which by the way he is playing right now he may have done.

Reactions: Peen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Not exaggerated at all if you know what stagnate means. Petey started his career with 56 points in 52 games, but in 4 seasons never averaged a point per game. Everybody has been waiting for him to put it together, which by the way he is playing right now he may have done.
i can't even lie; i misread it and thought you said something else. what you said makes total sense.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
To win an MVP, you gotta be able to crank up the PP points, which he doesn't really do now.

Selke is probably out of the question on a team with such a bad PK, regardless of who's at fault there. Lame trophy anyway

What's that comeback trophy called? Probably EK's to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad