Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. IX | The 6th rookie since 1967 to put up multiple 5P games

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What can of worms? Kid was the league scoring champion in the SHL and the playoff MVP, breaking all Peter Forsberg's records as a 19-year old. Now as a 20 year old, he's ahead of scoring pace set by Ovechkin, Crosby, Matthews and McDavid through the first 38 games of their careers.

And it's not me. Have you been listening to the Sportsnet and TSN panels between periods? They're starting to broach the topic as well. Even a crusty cynic like Burkie is comparing him to Gretzky.

But as Canuck fans we're just trained like Pavlovian dogs to turtle and expect the worst.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
So somebody mentioned on TV that with Pettersson getting to 20 goals and also being selected to the All-star Game, he collects 450k in Bonuses. Does anybody know what bonuses are still out there for Pettersson (like winning the Calder, 40 goals,etc). How much in bonuses could he theoretically earn?
He collects 450k bonuses today, and will make 45m profit for Aqualini before his ELC ends

Reactions: GoodBetterBoest

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
He says all the right things..get better and better..he makes the whole team notice that they have to be better..some one please put a C on this kids jersey..
I love Bo...but this kid is the leader of this team..the work effort he has also.
I have never seen a rookie that has made me stand up every time he has the puck..since Bure...franchise player..
I think they still go with Bo as the C since Elias isnt completely fluent in English yet + Bo has been through a lot with this franchise+ did alot of weight lifting early on this season

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
0E6FFB55-A078-4021-A7CA-9F5161980652.png

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
What can of worms? Kid was the league scoring champion in the SHL and the playoff MVP, breaking all Peter Forsberg's records as a 19-year old. Now as a 20 year old, he's ahead of scoring pace set by Ovechkin, Crosby, Matthews and McDavid through the first 38 games of their careers.

And it's not me. Have you been listening to the Sportsnet and TSN panels between periods? They're starting to broach the topic as well. Even a crusty cynic like Burkie is comparing him to Gretzky.

But as Canuck fans we're just trained like Pavlovian dogs to turtle and expect the worst.
Maybe.

But lots of us just want to watch enjoy this kid play without answering your question about generational talent.

It just doesn't matter to me at this point.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sometimes with Pettersson you have to rub your eyes....Did I just see what I just saw? A couple of games ago In OT he breaks up a two on one as the only guy back. And almost scores at the end of an exhausting shift.

And in this game, he just took over in OT. In fact you have to wonder how are teams going to stop him on 3-3 overtime?

The kid's vision is off the charts. His passing skills are Gretzky-like. And he has one attribute not even the Great One had. An absolutely filthy wrister and a lethal one-timer. How a kid who's 160 pounds soaking wet can put that much power on a shot is almost a defiance of physics.

Enjoy the ride Canuckleheads. The future has arrived.

Reactions: Kreator

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Without Pettersson I feel like this team would drop around 5 spots in the league-wide standings. Just amazing.

Reactions: Jyrki21

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Without Pettersson I feel like this team would drop around 5 spots in the league-wide standings. Just amazing.

Many posters here are fixated on the “missed picks” but Pettersson and Boeser are just magical. What a duo. Along with Horvat, if one of them is going + good goaltending we have a chance to win every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad