Rumor: Elias Pettersson is expected to sign with the Canucks after world champs

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
They better hope so. Losing that guy would be neutering.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The Canucks have so many young forwards competing for time next year

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Interesting as there was much speculation on Canucks Twitter today that there's a growing sense Pettersson stays another year in Sweden. I'm not sure if it all started with his SHL Coach saying that he thought another year in Sweden would be better for him and everybody panicked, or if there was another reason for it.

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
I hope him breaking his thumb wont affect his off-season training too much. It's tough to do weight-training with a broken thumb. I sincerely hope he gets ready for next season, despite playing for Vancouver, I really want him to make a strong calder push

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
5OV from 2017...yeah, I didn't think it was going to be an issue to sign in but apparently it may have been.

Good for the Canucks.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Inexcusable amount of term for a kid that young. I don't care that Petterson is arguably the best young international superstar in the world aside from Dahlin. The Canucks are handcuffing themselves to a kid who has never played a second in the NHL. Benning is a walking debacle.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Interesting as there was much speculation on Canucks Twitter today that there's a growing sense Pettersson stays another year in Sweden. I'm not sure if it all started with his SHL Coach saying that he thought another year in Sweden would be better for him and everybody panicked, or if there was another reason for it.

Another year in Sweden would not be bad for him. The Canucks don't need to be in any particular hurry for the following season. Biding their time would be smart. The Sedins just retired, Boeser is a sophomore, Demko a rookie, Juolevi had his inaugural season in Finland, Gaunce needs to start playing at the NHL level and do well at it. I must confess I'm hazy on whether or not Kole Lind actually qualifies for the AHL. The Canucks are simply not ready in their current form and throwing whatever prospects they have into the fire is the worst idea imaginable. Let the season pass so that the future of this team is ready to come together for the 2019 home opener. What's the worst thing that's gonna happen? A crappy year? 4th worst record in the NHL? They might win the damn draft lottery with the way things are going.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad