Elias Pettersson is Better Than Auston Matthews, AINEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I am a big leaf fan that watches AM day in day out. See EP mainly on the morning hi-lites. Kid is impressive. I think he will be an elite player moving forward for a long time. Not sure why so passive aggressive with Mathews. Both great forwards. Put down the hate and enjoy your guy. You got a good one. Not sure the ainec close is accurate though.

Reactions: Rob Brown

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Matthews: GP 25 G 19 A 16 P 35

Petterson: GP 35 G 19 A 20 P 39

Ok, so Petterson is better already, but has never proven it. They both have the exact same TOI as well (18:08)

Reactions: King In The North

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
You enjoy your shiny new toy, we will enjoy ours.

Its been a while since we have had them so I get the euphoria.

Maybe we will meet in the Cup finals one year and it will be decided on the ice.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
This looks like something the usual Leaf suspects would type only about Matthews.
Let’s not be just as bad.
Except a Leaf fan would post stats and facts.
And were Leaf fans wrong about Rielly, Marner, Matthews, Kapanen, ETC?

Feb 24, 2017
In their age equal seasons who is playing better, without the “stacked” leafs team we always hear about? Toronto has a great team. It’s no insult to them that Pettersson is better than just one single leaf, Matthews.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You were right about some players and wrong about others and some like Kapanen (remember Connor Brown) remain to be see. Most of the stats posted were pro rated based on minutes played per game and age and everyone hurting by playing with Hyman. All of which makes EP even more impressive As a rookie.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Not getting into the whole "EP > Matthews" argument but it's a pretty well known fact that EP is a very well rounded two-way center already. Arguably Vancouver's best defensive forward actually.
I’d argue Bo Horvat is head and shoulders better, and that the rest of the field is weak because the Canucks aren’t very good.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Pettersson, when finished his elc, is worth 12 million easily. McDavid got 12.5. Pettersson isn’t much worse than McDavid. And signing it multiple years later? Yeah. I’m ok with that.

Peterson is a better player than Matthews but half the player of McDavid. I see him getting max $8mil, there are very few >$8 mil caliber players out there.

Reactions: hittes petr sykora

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You were right about some players and wrong about others and some like Kapanen (remember Connor Brown) remain to be see. Most of the stats posted were pro rated based on minutes played per game and age and everyone hurting by playing with Hyman. All of which makes EP even more impressive As a rookie.
No, Leaf fans were right about Kapanen. He was viewed as a 4th liner by non-Leaf fans. That discussion is over.
And remind me about the Connor Brown hype?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
In their age equal seasons who is playing better, without the “stacked” leafs team we always hear about? Toronto has a great team. It’s no insult to them that Pettersson is better than just one single leaf, Matthews.

Pettersson is getting opportunties Matthews never got in his first 2 years in the NHL.
Matthews has never had more TOI as he does this year, and it's the exact same TOI as Petterson has as a rookie.

Flipwon

Jun 25, 2018
If this was posted by a leafs fan it would have been locked before the first 6 replies could get out. Any hockey fan on this board knows exactly what the AINEC in this context is for, especially after saying hes not trying to start a war.

Close it up.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
If this was posted by a leafs fan it would have been locked before the first 6 replies could get out. Any hockey fan on this board knows exactly what the AINEC in this context is for, especially after saying hes not trying to start a war.

Close it up.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad