Elias Pettersson is Better Than Auston Matthews, AINEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2017
This isn’t meant to start some war between already warring factions. This is just an acknowledgment of the fact that Elias Pettersson is a better hockey player and franchise building block than Auston Matthews is.

Matthews is an elite garbageman. He cleans up messes his team causes in the offensive zone. Besides Pettersson, there is nearly nobody else I would want in the entire nhl besides Matthews, when there was an opportunistic scoring opportunity. Matthews is THAT GOOD at opportunity cashing. He’s elite at it. Not as good as Pettersson, but elite level.

And can we please acknowledge what Leafs fans tell everyone every opportunity they get? The Leafs are super stacked. The fact that Matthews cannot be more impressive than Pettersson at the same age, despite not having the same quality of player to play with? Very damning.

Anyway, discuss?

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
I wouldn’t say Pettersson is better yet and certainly not ainec. But there is definitely an argument for him being better going forward.

CptPicard

Mar 30, 2013
I understand VAN fans just fell in love with EP and are celebrating their honeymoon but... No. Great player tho

Incoming Leafs fans in 3, 2, 1...

Feb 24, 2017
I understand VAN fans just fell in love with EP and are celebrating their honeymoon but... No. Great player tho

Incoming Leafs fans in 3, 2, 1...
Do you not know how much better Toronto was at forward when Matthews put up the pittance he did in his age equal season to what pettersson is doing with no help?

CptPicard

Mar 30, 2013
Do you not know how much better Toronto was at forward when Matthews put up the pittance he did in his age equal season to what pettersson is doing with no help?

Oh so Boeser and co. suddenly retired from hockey.. anyway I'm not sure if this thread is serious or not so I'm not gonna respond anymore

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
The year after finishing last overall, with 8-9 rookies in the lineup?

As long as my little sister can toss him around, it’s hard to pick him for anything. Seeing the crying that came from him getting thrown by Matheson in Florida was quite sad. He’s a good offensive talent, but the rest of his game needs work and he’s not even close to physically mature.

A opinion like this just kills your credibility, and naming Auston Matthews is more of that inferiority complex seemingly everyone outside of Toronto has.

You’re just sad.

Feb 24, 2017
The year after finishing last overall, with 8-9 rookies in the lineup?

As long as my little sister can toss him around, it’s hard to pick him for anything. Seeing the crying that came from him getting thrown by Matheson in Florida was quite sad. He’s a good offensive talent, but the rest of his game needs work and he’s not even close to physically mature.

A opinion like this just kills your credibility, and naming Auston Matthews is more of that inferiority complex seemingly everyone outside of Toronto has.

You’re just sad.
Elias Pettersson is a better defensive forward than Dylan Larkin, and the video evidence is out there.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Sir, I'd like to think that Pettersson looks so good because the rest of the team except Horvat and Boeser looks pretty trashy I would say.
For more fun I would put Laine and the Jets in the middle of them both but it seems that he has taken this season off, maybe he's getting ready for play-offs already.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
LOL. Pettersson is Matthew's little brother in every way. Enjoy your lesser talent, Vancouver. Sorry you're not "there" yet.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
This isn’t meant to start some war between already warring factions. This is just an acknowledgment of the fact that Elias Pettersson is a better hockey player and franchise building block than Auston Matthews is.

of course it is. Matthews is incredibly talented, as is petterson. How anyone can use AINEC when looking at the top players in the league is beyond me

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
Pettersson is certainly more fun to watch but Matthews' usefulness on the ice is very underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad