Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Seems like a fair deal

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Both players are unavailable.

Votes: 73 45.3%

• Total voters

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Hughes is signed long term @ $8M. EP is going to get $4M~ more than that. Hughes is more valuable.
Problem with Jack Hughes is that he seems injury prone now whereas Pettersson is more durable. So we have to wait and see how it goes but Jack gets injured too easily and every year.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Why stop there.

Hughes + Hughes for Pettersson and Willander

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Problem with Jack Hughes is that he seems injury prone now whereas Pettersson is more durable. So we have to wait and see how it goes but Jack gets injured too easily and every year.
Covid is an injury? and Pettersson is definitely an ironman.:rolleyes:

Petterson has way more value. Devils would need to throw in a 1st +
How's Landeskog? actually hows your Center situation?

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Covid is an injury? and Pettersson is definitely an ironman.:rolleyes:

How's Landeskog? actually hows your Center situation?
We are in a playoff spot without our captain. Can’t say the same about your team

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
So he is injured by covid this season?
basic sense doesn't compute with you, Maybe bigger text will help

You brought up that Hughes is injury prone when he hasn't been and the majority of the times he was out was because of covid.

Did you forget that you brought this up?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
basic sense doesn't compute with you, Maybe bigger text will help

You brought up that Hughes is injury prone when he hasn't been and the majority of the times he was out was because of covid.

Did you forget that you brought this up?
Dude am I talking about last season? Why you keep bringing up covid??

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Really no reason for either team to do this

Hughes is signed long term with an 8 million cap hit

Pettersson is likely going to be asking for Nylander money at the very least

There's your reason for Vancouver to do this

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Dude am I talking about last season? Why you keep bringing up covid??
You never stated that, Did you know that people can't read your mind and that you have to provide context in for people to understand you?

Its funny though that you only want to talk about years where pettersson was healthy for once.

*edit* Actually I don't think you even know what you mean? "Dude am I talking about last season"? You don't want to talk about a couple season ago and you don't want to talk about last season... Are you trying to say Jack is injury prone based off of half a season?:badidea::doh:

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Listen, we all dream of one day seeing Jack Hughes play on the same power play as his offensive-minded defenseman brother, but it’s just a pipe dream, such a thing is never gonna happen! 😏
:huh:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Why are other teams fans poking Devils fans with a pointy stick today. Yeeesh.

One bad trade post is normal, Two is a coincidence, Three is trolling.

*looks at everyone*

Don't try for three and poke the Devil bear! he will get angry!
MV5BMTQ5NjY1ODY5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDQ3Mzg0MjE@._V1_.jpg
as a devils fan i have an advice for other posters. if you want to propose s trade involving the devils the following four players are not available:
hischier
j.hughes
l.hughes
nemec

we don't care about persumed value in a vacuum. this are the core pieces the devils want to build around a championship team. the fit is perfect. the contract structure is amazing. we don't have any aspirations to change the formula.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
as a devils fan i have an advice for other posters. if you want to propose s trade involving the devils the following four players are not available:
hischier
j.hughes
l.hughes
nemec

we don't care about persumed value in a vacuum. this are the core pieces the devils want to build around a championship team. the fit is perfect. the contract structure is amazing. we don't have any aspirations to change the formula.
You forgot the one "who stirs the drink".;)

Reactions: TBF1972

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Devils are in WC1 spot by point percentage. Not their fault they’ve played less games than the rest of the field.
Your goal differential says otherwise. You guys aren’t making the yoffs this year. Try again next year!

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
You forgot the one "who stirs the drink".;)
i didn't say i want to trade anybody else. honestly aside from vanecek and hamilton there aren't any pieces i want to get rid off.

vanacek - obviously because of his inability to play a starter role and our hope that the young guys can fill the back up spot
hamilton - for the fact that he is overpaid and injury prone and his best quality as a ppqb is already replaced by a younger and better player

i expect the devils to be mostly inactive at the trade deadline. there is no need to be active either way.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Your goal differential says otherwise. You guys aren’t making the yoffs this year. Try again next year!

Goal differential is the 6th tiebreaker, so why are you even bringing that up? That has basically zero impact on making the playoffs.

Fact is that the Devils are currently in a playoff spot by points % and are ahead of the wild card competition in RW's & ROW's, which are the tiebreakers that actually come into play. The Athletic currently has NJ as having a 50% chance of making the playoffs, which seems about right.

Seems rather stupid to write off a team that currently holds down a playoff spot halfway through the season as not making it, but you do you.

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
From someone who follows the Canucks.. if I were the devils I would say no. Hughes contract is so just so dam good as well
and Hughes has 6 years of term after this one left in his contract. How much you think the money EP gets in his contract? $11M+ ??

Vancouver does OP offer easily.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
if neither player has a contract, it's something worth talking about. even so, jack is 3 years younger and fits the age of the core better -- especially since the Devils best two defenseman are 18 and 19 years old.

since jack has his deal and pettersson needs one soon, it's not even f***ing close.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Did anyone else open this thread thinking it was going to be a joke with Elias Pettersson (Canucks prospect) for Jack Hughes (Kings prospect)???

• Haha
Reactions: Forge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad