Rumor: Elias Pettersson and Nylander to the Hawks

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It’s not a simple no. I don’t think Pettersson ends up traded of course. But you have to ask yourself, is all of that going to end up better than Pettersson? He’s a number 1 bonafide center. Tampa and Toronto picks are mid teens at best. Moore isn’t some guarantee in the top 6.

If the Hawks end up not winning this year’s lottery and the pick is only top 5, I’d replace the 2025 pick with it, that is a hell of an offer. the equivalent of four firsts which is what it would take to offer sheet him.

Last edited:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If the Hawks pull second overall, would you trade it for EP40?

Also what is the max contract for next season? Assuming an $88 million dollar cap I think it’s like 17 million? If the max value he is getting on the market is 10 or 11 million for seven years, could the Blackhawks do something really weird and do a 2 x $17.6m short term deal? Then basically let Nylander get an 8 year extension at age 30?
This is the way. 2 year 17 million for EP. No way Vancouver can match without killing their team. Creative idea! Vancouver would hate us again. I love that.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Have you watched leafs playoff games? He's the best play driver they've got, constantly making things happen. I've got no idea why you think that about him.

Edit - And its not just the playoff games either. Ive seen probably a handful of leafs games so far this year not counting the ones against Chicago and he is consistently their best forward.
A handful of Leaf playoff games is all anyone has been able to watch .

Reactions: Drumman44

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7414.jpeg

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
This is the way. 2 year 17 million for EP. No way Vancouver can match without killing their team. Creative idea! Vancouver would hate us again. I love that.
My CapFriendly team. Sure to piss off a lot of people. Defense and goaltending need some work but this is the basic working idea.

1703954072624.png

Reactions: Mrfenn92

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
The rule is newer, like 2020ish but actually the rule was loosely made. Nether the Oilers or Buffalo/NJ would of been limited by how the rule changed. It should have been stricter, but it may help the Blackhawks.

Being last place you're not defacto 3rd,
You're still 1st overall. Getting 1st overall would not be moving up.

I could be wrong but my understanding of the rule simply has to do with winning the lottery, not about moving up. Moving up is a consequence of winning but it's the winning that's the issue.

So if the Blackhawks win a lottery this year, as they did last, and finish last next year, they would be exempt from winning the lottery in any of the next 3 years. I believe their balls would still be listed, so the odds remain the same but if CHI's balls were called, the process would simply be redone.

If the result of the lottery is that the teams finishing 12th and 13th won, CHI would retain first pick by default. But as that's unlikely to happen, CHI would almost be guaranteed to move down at least one spot.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I could be wrong but my understanding of the rule simply has to do with winning the lottery, not about moving up. Moving up is a consequence of winning but it's the winning that's the issue.

So if the Blackhawks win a lottery this year, as they did last, and finish last next year, they would be exempt from winning the lottery in any of the next 3 years. I believe their balls would still be listed, so the odds remain the same but if CHI's balls were called, the process would simply be redone.

If the result of the lottery is that the teams finishing 12th and 13th won, CHI would retain first pick by default. But as that's unlikely to happen, CHI would almost be guaranteed to move down at least one spot.
Its not that. It should of been more stricter like that, but it isn't what they made.

The wording from the league site:
Limit on Teams Winning a Lottery Draw

No single team will be able to advance in the Draft order by reason of winning a Lottery Draw more than two (2) times in any five (5) year period. This limitation will not affect a Club’s ability to retain its presumptive Draft position in any Draft Lottery

Advance is the key there. If you finish last or 2nd last and win that pick staying put. It doesn't count.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Its not that. It should of been more stricter like that, but it isn't what they made.

The wording from the league site:
Limit on Teams Winning a Lottery Draw

No single team will be able to advance in the Draft order by reason of winning a Lottery Draw more than two (2) times in any five (5) year period. This limitation will not affect a Club’s ability to retain its presumptive Draft position in any Draft Lottery

Advance is the key there. If you finish last or 2nd last and win that pick staying put. It doesn't count.

Fair enough. I couldn't find the exact verbiage the league used. So if they finish last, win the lottery, they stay last. Good to know.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I don't see Davidson getting either.....Nylander will want too much and he's not going to trade the farm away for the other guy.....it's still a rebuild.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
P
My CapFriendly team. Sure to piss off a lot of people. Defense and goaltending need some work but this is the basic working idea.

View attachment 792592
Where is Kane in your fantasy lineup?

And if we are playing fantasy, then just trade the assets mentioned above for Pettersson instead, sign him to 11 million and re-sign Dickinson and Foligno. Kids cook in Rockford.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad