Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If we traded Hronek, we could almost certainly afford Zadorov, Joshua and Lindholm. Assuming none of their demands of ridiculous. Unfortunately, that leaves us incredibly thin on defense. So it's not really an ideal position to be in.
Honestly I was just thinking of the same thing during the game, that dumping Hronek could be enough to keep Lindholm. Thin D or not, Hronek is providing nothing of value. If we're going to be using $7m in cap space, I'd rather allocate it in a useful way instead of just trying to shoe-horn a guy to fill a position. Lindhom is built for playoff hockey, Hronek has shown that he isn't. Keep the guy you know you can rely on when the chips are down and then get to work on filling that hole in the lineup some other way. If we could get Tanev on a shortterm deal to take Hronek's spot for cheaper, I'd do it.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lindholm is in full 'playoff beast mode' right now. Wins key draws; scores clutch goals and is anchoring one of the best third lines in these playoffs with Garland and Joshua.

Along with Silovs, Big Z and Boeser, he's been 'the story' for the Canucks in these playoffs.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
i still want to see him rip one from the right circle like he did in calgary. so far hes been effective for vancouver winning key drraws disrupting plays

Reactions: F A N

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
Still think we need to try Lindholm and Petey again especially since Lindholm is playing well. The current Hoglander- EP - Mik line is not working.

Pettersson - Lindholm - Hoglander
Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Both can be matchup lines as needed.
They did it, and it worked! Finally!

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
There's no way the Canucks are where they are today in these playoffs without Lindholm and Zadorov.

They gave up some Kuzmenko, some prospects and draft capital.....but it's been well worth the price.

Franky Blueberries : Yes, my accountant definitely says it was worth it

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sportsnet now speculating that Lindholm has moved to the top of the UFA priority list for the Canucks. And in a lot of respects, it would be understandable.

He just ticks off a lot of boxes. He can play center or wing; takes key face-offs in both zones; can kill penalties, and drive a line offensively all by himself. The playoffs provided more than a glimpse of what he could do in a Canucks uniform. You can see why he's always in the Selke conversation.

Perhaps as important, is that he's insurance in case Pettersson continues to struggle. Lindholm could slot into a second-line center role if needed.

I don't know how the Canucks will do it.....but I think there's a decent chance he returns to VanCity.

Reactions: arttk

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
i don't have any idea how the team keeps Lindholm. Team still needs to add another winger for Pettersson. If they look to re-sign boeser as well that'd be 5 bigger ticket forwards locked in for 5+ years.

EDIT: i can't see Lindholm getting anywhere close to what Calgary offered him. 64 points last year, 44 points this year. Very good playoff run but he is going to be 30 by the midway point of this year. Does he ever eclipse 30 goals or 70 points again? doubt he'd do it here, especially if we sign a quality winger as well.

Miller had 99 points when he signed and followed that up with 82 and 103. He got 7years, 56million (8m per).

Last edited:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I think if they bring him back he becomes a big part of our PP going forward, and if they use him properly he will be a lethal player there. He showed the defensive side, he showed he turns it up a notch in the playoffs. He brings a lot to the team. If it means him or Zadorov + Joshua I'd have a hard time. I really hope he is reasonable with ask too. If we could get him on a deal that would be huge.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
i don't have any idea how the team keeps Lindholm. Team still needs to add another winger for Pettersson. If they look to re-sign boeser as well that'd be 5 bigger ticket forwards locked in for 5+ years.

EDIT: i can't see Lindholm getting anywhere close to what Calgary offered him. 64 points last year, 44 points this year. Very good playoff run but he is going to be 30 by the midway point of this year. Does he ever eclipse 30 goals or 70 points again? doubt he'd do it here, especially if we sign a quality winger as well.

Miller had 99 points when he signed and followed that up with 82 and 103. He got 7years, 56million (8m per).
Move Mik and Garland and let Joshua walk.
Expect the unexpected.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Loui Eriksson was a great player his entire career until he started showing signs of decline in the runup to his contract year, and then he put up a good year right before we signed him. We all know how that went.

Lindholm ended up being worth every penny in the playoffs.

But he's 30 next season. We'll have to give him 7 or 8 years to compete with what teams like Boston will offer. Most players don't age like Miller and unlike Miller, Lindholm's already shown signs of decline.

I'd love him on a two or three year deal and if we end up biting the bullet with him I hope he can hold it together for at least that long but it will inevitably be an ugly deal at some point. I'd way rather land Guentzel as the big fish or spread the money around on several smaller fish. Garland and Joshua don't need a Lindholm and EP will be back to 100 point selke centre form as soon as we find him some linemates. Lindholm at the $$$ he will get doesn't fit.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Dude is surprisingly physical come playoffs time.
Not exactly throwing big hits per se but was very effective at shutting down players with good stick and physical play.

Score some good goals for us too,
definitely worth considering extenting him.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Dude is surprisingly physical come playoffs time.
Not exactly throwing big hits per se but was very effective at shutting down players with good stick and physical play.

Score some good goals for us too,
definitely worth considering extenting him.
I dont know man.

I think he was exactly throwing big hits per se too.

Reactions: LordBacon

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I don't see how you bring him back unless he's going to be Pettersson's center long-term. But then you're making the decision the Pettersson is going to convert to wing long-term, which may not be wise.

Can't pay your 3C 5-6M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad