Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Elias Lindholm was having a major off year in Calgary. All of his numbers were off. I think he can easily rejuvenate his career as a Canuck, and become the dangerous two way forward that the NHL has come to know. Lindholm has excellent faceoff ability that gives the Canucks more versatility on the forward lines. A linemate of Pettersson or centering his own line, Lindholm will make the Canucks more well rounded and dangerous up front. I firmly believe he will fit right into Tochetts system, and might even be resigned long term. Really looking forward to seeing Lindholm revive his career. Allvin is gambling and going all in, so hopefully this trade puts the Canucks over the top.

I honestly felt the trade suited both teams involved quite well.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
If they keep the lotto line together, i really hope that dont put Suter on his LW.
Suter as the 4c would be INSANE center depth.
Elevate Hoglander. Guy is forming into a legit top6 winger in front of our eyes. Give him Lindholm and Miheyev. Let them match up and try to shut down lines while geneating a bit of offense.
This keeps the lotto line going

Reactions: johan f

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
If they keep the lotto line together, i really hope that dont put Suter on his LW.
Suter as the 4c would be INSANE center depth.
Elevate Hoglander. Guy is forming into a legit top6 winger in front of our eyes. Give him Lindholm and Miheyev. Let them match up and try to shut down lines while geneating a bit of offense.
This keeps the lotto line going
I think they will first build Lindholm's confidence up by playing him with EP. That gives us two very dangerous lines plus the best bottom 6 in league.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Curious, if Lindholm is played at C and Suter plays as 4C, then would you guys rather play Aman on the wing? or replace him with Podz or PDG ?

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Great trade if the plan is to go all in and try to win the cup this year for sure.

But baring that, what is the plan exactly? Is Lindholm just a rental? Is there cap space to sign both Pettersson and Lindholm? (assuming Lindholm plays well and can demand a hefty salary at the end of the year).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I wonder how much Lindholm's contract situation in Cowtown, affected his on ice performance.

Once the Flames announced they were suspending contract talks with all their UFA's, he knew that he was basically done in Calgary. But you look at his most recent seasons before this one, he was basically a PPG center.

Unless there was a serious injury I'm not aware of, there's no reason why he can't recover that form in Vancouver.

One thing is for certain......Rutherford and by extension Allvin, are masters at striking with major deals long before the TDL. In fact the deal for Lindholm is almost at the one year anniversary of the Horvat trade to the Islanders.

I'm sure that a guy like Lindholm would look good in Boston, Toronto, Colorado or Florida. But they either didn't have the assets to make it work, or were asleep at the switch heading into the all-star break.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
so many options. tocheet has versatility now.
lotto line some nights. other nights him and ep+hoglander? or mickheyev
unless they find another top 6 winger? maybe bigger body to play alongside the swedish guys? lindholm/ep/???

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Here's my take on Lindholm, and and the trade.

I'm f***ing stoked! I'm not expecting Lindholm to score 40 goals or play at a PPG pace, but man if he can play at a 60ish point pace while being the all around beast he is... man this acquisition could be huge. I mean this is a guy playing at a 60 point pace right now, and most Calgary fans will tell you he's been checked out .

Did you know Lindholm led all Calgary forwards in PK time? Calgary is the third best PK'ing team in the league. Not only do we get a guy who can play with top end talent, but he's going to help up defensively. Lindholm is also a tenacious forechecker, and very good at taking faceoffs . Tocchet is going to love him, and I feel he's going to thrive in our system in a huge way. This is a championship caliber move.

This trade is a massive win IMO, it gives us flexibility to play the lotto line, it allows us to have two elite scoring duos, man we can even spread out of offense and run 3 lines with one of EP, Miller, or Lindholm at the ice at all times.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Brough said this morning that management is comfortable with him being a rental, but I'm hopeful they can find the room to extend as long as he's asking for something in the $6-$7M salary range.

Assuming, of course, he proves worth retaining.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
1706805638783.png

a "young" 29 year old who regressed to previous career pace
the difference with his good Calgary years is he was playing on a line with Johnny Gaudreau and had Tkachuk with an unbelievable season in 21/22 that shows Selke numbers. That Calgary team is as good as gone now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad