Speculation: Elias Lindholm rejected a 8 year, 72M dollar deal from Calgary (9.0M per)

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Agreed. Go all in now for the Avs. Don’t think they’ll be able to compete with the jets in trade offers for Lindholm.

Might better suit them to start focusing on a goalie now.

Agreed. Don’t think you have enough for a competitive push for both. You guys NEED a goalie.

Nope. 2C is the bigger need.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Agreed. Go all in now for the Avs. Don’t think they’ll be able to compete with the jets in trade offers for Lindholm.

Might better suit them to start focusing on a goalie now.

Agreed. Don’t think you have enough for a competitive push for both. You guys NEED a goalie.
I don’t know how other Avs fans feel about it but that’s how I see it. I haven’t been paying attention to the goalie market, but if they were readibly available those teams mentioned would have already pulled the trigger. I have little faith we’re gonna be able to, which means lindholm is a sunk cost.
i wonder if hes going to regret turning down that offer
with the cap increase, I think it’ll benefit lindholm.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
This guy looks like casper the ghost most games. He fed off of Jhonny and MT. He is still good, but man he screwed up not signing. You can always get traded later. How the f*** did he get to the All Star game? LMAO
Yep, you nailed this.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'd probably go as high as this if we're in a bidding war with Colorado:

- WPG 1st
- MTL 2nd
- Chaz Lucius (2021 14 OA, center)
- Declan Chisholm or Logan Stanley (Chiz is the better player, but less draft pedigree. Both are NHLers. We're too deep on D to rotate them in regularly right now)

2 picks in the top 25-40 of this draft, mid 1st rounder from a couple years ago, and #5/#6 D ready to plug into the lineup right away (assuming you guys are moving Tanev and Hanifin at the deadline too).

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
If that is truly the case Monahan will look great in an Avs jersey!

And you might have leftover assets for a goalie!

Monahan's not a 2C. Besides, theyre already trying to replace someone who cant skate.

I'd probably go as high as this if we're in a bidding war with Colorado:

- WPG 1st
- MTL 2nd
- Chaz Lucius (2021 14 OA, center)
- Declan Chisholm or Logan Stanley (Chiz is the better player, but less draft pedigree. Both are NHLers. We're too deep on D to rotate them in regularly right now)

2 picks in the top 25-40 of this draft, mid 1st rounder from a couple years ago, and #5/#6 D ready to plug into the lineup right away (assuming you guys are moving Tanev and Hanifin at the deadline too).

Is this with the expectation Lindholm signs with Winnipeg?

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Monahan's not a 2C. Besides, theyre already trying to replace someone who cant skate.

Is this with the expectation Lindholm signs with Winnipeg?
No expectations on that, would be nice to get a fair deal though.

I'm of the mind that we should be all in and try our best to win a cup here. I thought we'd have years of contention after the 2018 run - in reality that was our best chance looking back.

The team right now feels special so I'm willing to pay a premium - other Jets fans may be a bit more frugal than the offer I laid out there though.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018

I'm of the mind that we should be all in and try our best to win a cup here. I thought we'd have years of contention after the 2018 run - in reality that was our best chance looking back.

The team right now feels special so I'm willing to pay a premium - other Jets fans may be a bit more frugal than the offer I laid out there though.

Thanks for clarifying that.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
This guy looks like casper the ghost most games. He fed off of Jhonny and MT. He is still good, but man he screwed up not signing. You can always get traded later. How the f*** did he get to the All Star game? LMAO

It’s a good thing Lindholm will be at the All Star game in Toronto. They can showcase him to the entire league for free.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I wonder if the Canucks would try to secure Lindholm & Tanev?

To Flames
- Kuzmenko
- Myers
- Brzustewciz
- 2024 1st
- 2024 3rd

To Canucks
- Lindholm
- Tanev

With the lotto line clicking, this would allow Lindholm to center the 2nd line.

Maybe more assets from the Canucks side needed

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Iggys Dome

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Pure rentals generally return late 1st and B prospect. Your offer is an overpay without a contract extension. That said, I'm fine with 1st and lucious for a rental lindholm.

If lindhold is extended in Winnipeg (which is a HUGE if), chevy is gonna have to do some cap gymnastics with ehlers up after next season and Connor the season after that

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad