Speculation: Elias Lindholm rejected a 8 year, 72M dollar deal from Calgary (9.0M per)

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
If it was remotely possible for us to get Byram you certainly wouldn't be adding to it. I just don't think it is. There's a top pairing defenseman there. Maybe not yet, but I see it coming.
Just go all in at that point. Ritchie + 1st + Byram for Lindholm, Hanifin and Tanev all 50% retained.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Sure, but the #1 factor in signing a top guy is that they know the team is heading in the right direction. That's a tough sell
True. I guess depends if CGY unloads at the deadline, or if they are able to re-sign some of their UFAs or flip them for younger players.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Just go all in at that point. Ritchie + 1st + Byram for Lindholm, Hanifin and Tanev all 50% retained.
I think the Avs should consider this sooner rather than later. With Winnipeg entering the Lindholm market, Boston etc. there will be numerous suitors that will drive the price up by TDL.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Well now I do t know what to think. lol.

I think for a rental a first and a good prospect is fair/overpay depending on the player.

A first and a 4 year offensive defensive man you can plug in your line up today seems like a lot for a rental.

It will be interesting to see if there is gamesmanship between Wpg and Colorado for Lindholm even if just to prevent the other from acquiring him. I know Vegas has done this in the past to stop teams from getting players.

I also don’t think k Chevy will overpay too much but will definitely bump up the price if needed. If he’s even interested In Lindholm. With him you never know. He can come out with an out of left field centre rfa trade no one was thinking of.

Lindholm is really good, and I’m sure he’d extend with Colorado at a number less prohibitive than $9M.

A 1st + Byram for an extended Lindholm is more than fair.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
If Lindholm ain't coming back for sure, Calgary MUST trade him ASAP end somehow find a way to begin their rebuild

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I just can’t fathom he would be on the table. I think what Lindholm is has started to get overblown.
I'll be honest, when ppl directly compare him to Bergeron.. yikes. He's a Bergeron lite on good nights, imo, but I remember how Bergeron was super consistent. Lindholm is a very good player. He's not a Bergeron clone.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I just can’t fathom he would be on the table. I think what Lindholm is has started to get overblown.

Well part of it might be how details get thrown around. For example, assuming Winnipeg is all in, does that mean all in for a rental or is that all in for an extended player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad