Music: Electronic Dance Music - Part IV

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Ultra Music Festival going on now... twitch is streaming some of it. Anyone know a good site to grab some live sets?

Btw.. saw Hardwell in Pittsburgh. ****ing epic show. Great venue, too.
watched Knife Party and the reunited Pendulum set streaming live on youtube.

They must be deleting sets. There were at lease three full sets posted as of this past wknd.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
Ultra Music Festival going on now... twitch is streaming some of it. Anyone know a good site to grab some live sets?

Btw.. saw Hardwell in Pittsburgh. ****ing epic show. Great venue, too.

Was at Hardwell myself at a table on the right hand side.. Need more acts to come to Pittsburgh. I know Chainsmokers will be here for Thrival in September, but I might be in Miami that weekend.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
Did anyone get to "enjoy" TomorrowWorld last fall? I was there.......

Actually would have gone again this year, had they not cancelled it.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I've been pretty obsessed with Trance for the last five or six years, and I don't think any track can top that one (if you must choose a part to listen, listen to the end of the first link, and around 2 minutes of the second link which is a remix).

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
anjunabeats-volume-13.jpg

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Flume wins the Grammy for Best Dance/Electronic album and is releasing the second of two follow-up EPs this Friday.

Collaborations with Pusha T, Moses Sumney and Dave Bayley (Glass Animals).

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Ultra in Miami is coming up and I had a great time last year. I have to say I don't like the line up as much this year.

This surprise made it for me,

I loved the show and this entire set but when I go to check out his music for download I hate the majority of it.

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
That surprise Deadmau5 set was awesome. I forget what I was doing before that but I got there like 10 minutes in.

When he dropped the beer bottle and it landed upright :laugh:

I went 2015 and 2016 but I'm having a quarter life crisis and can't justify spending $2,000 on the same vacation every year.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Going to Beyond in SoCal in a month. This will be my second Beyond Wonderland because Insomniac really knows how to put on an event. Anyone know what the NOS Center is like or what events are like there? I'm from NorCal so not too familiar with venues down there.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Ultra in Miami is coming up and I had a great time last year. I have to say I don't like the line up as much this year.

This surprise made it for me,

I loved the show and this entire set but when I go to check out his music for download I hate the majority of it.

I can't stand EDM (I'm an Underground fan), but this Deadmau5 set was fantastic, it does not sound like your usual EDM crap, you can tell he has influence from the older classic trance era, he just incorporates it into the modern sounds, I wish EDM followed this path.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I can't stand EDM (I'm an Underground fan), but this Deadmau5 set was fantastic, it does not sound like your usual EDM crap, you can tell he has influence from the older classic trance era, he just incorporates it into the modern sounds, I wish EDM followed this path.

Why, the more different types of music the better IMO. EDM has so many different variations and I like a bit of it all.

Deadmau5's tracks are so clean and crisp, even mellow while the bass is dropping. His stuff is unique and I appreciate some of it..... His show's are amazing - this wasn't even his usual set up and had to be rushed for the cancellation.

Last edited:

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Why, the more different types of music the better IMO. EDM has so many different variations and I like a bit of it all.

I don't mind diversity, but I can't stand djs like Hardwell for example, the sounds he plays are just loud bass with cheesy melodies and the show is more about him jumping around and the light shows rather then the actual music, I wouldn't even be surprised if the whole thing is prerecorded and he just pushes a play button.

I can see that Deadmau5 has showmanship too, but at least the music he plays is more sophisticated and true to the predecessor forms.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Big room/electro/main stage is pretty beat IMO. I used to listen to it. While it's hard for me to entirely rule out a genre, most of the electronic music I listen to now is trance, house (deep, tech, progressive), techno.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Big room/electro/main stage is pretty beat IMO. I used to listen to it. While it's hard for me to entirely rule out a genre, most of the electronic music I listen to now is trance, house (deep, tech, progressive), techno.

Most of the electronic music I listen to these days is Synthwave, probably not for your average fan but stuff like this:

Of course I don't expect this to be played in clubs, but I can do so much work while listening to it.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I don't mind diversity, but I can't stand djs like Hardwell for example, the sounds he plays are just loud bass with cheesy melodies and the show is more about him jumping around and the light shows rather then the actual music, I wouldn't even be surprised if the whole thing is prerecorded and he just pushes a play button.

I can see that Deadmau5 has showmanship too, but at least the music he plays is more sophisticated and true to the predecessor forms.

Agreed the Hardwell show at Ultra last year just seemed overproduced to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad