Music: Electronic Dance Music - Part IV

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
EDIT: Just saw there was another thread on this, at 38 pages. I renamed this post to continue in the chain.

I've been getting more and more into dance music over the last 2 years, and I thought why not make a thread about it on HFBoards, assuming there are others who enjoy it too.

I would say that my tastes have evolved a lot, but I remain someone who listens to a bit of everything. My usually go to genres range from: trap, dubstep, deep house, trance, and I've started going to more afterhours clubs in Montreal, so listening to tribal trance.

Some of my favorite artists include:

Above & Beyond
Eric Prydz
Kaskade
Skrillex
Diplo
Dada Life
Ilan Bluestone
RL Grime
Borgore
Adventure Club
Markus Schulz
Nicole Moudaber
Deadmau5

What are some of your favorite artists/tracks?

Here's one I keep going back to:

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Hey guys,

Favor to ask - can you think of some producers/labels that post Indie Electronic music? Feel free to post smaller or larger producers!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
What do you mean by Indie? I could post Stay Up Forever Collective, Drop Bass Network or Quebecore Records, but I'm thinking that is not what you are looking for.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Can we keep this to one embed a post? Otherwise thread crashes on me. Waiting until I get a new workhorse before I can have this stop happening to me. You can link to the other videos, that is fine.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
What do you mean by Indie? I could post Stay Up Forever Collective, Drop Bass Network or Quebecore Records, but I'm thinking that is not what you are looking for.

Another way to call it is alternative dance.

Like more mellow music.

This can be seen as an example:

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Hey guys,

Favor to ask - can you think of some producers/labels that post Indie Electronic music? Feel free to post smaller or larger producers!

Thanks in advance!

Was going to respond earlier. Basically just check any of the YouTube channels, TheSoundYouNeed, Majestic, Noisey, Thump etc., they basically all cater to that standard, indie electronic sound, remix a lot of indie rock and alternative artists, especially stuff from the UK, in the vein of Radiohead, Foals, Phoenix, Temper Trap etc.

If you want some excellent remix artists check out Kaytranada, Flume and especially Joe Goddard. Also check out Hypem.com and SoundCloud.

Last edited:

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Was going to respond earlier. Basically just check any of the YouTube channels, TheSoundYouNeed, Majestic, Noisey, Thump etc., they basically all cater to that standard, indie electronic sound, remix a lot of indie rock and alternative artists, especially stuff from the UK, in the vein of Radiohead, Foals, Phoenix, Temper Trap etc.

If you want some excellent remix artists check out Kaytranada, Flume and especially Joe Goddard. Also check out Hypem.com and SoundCloud.

Thank you for responding. I know of mostly all of those channels. I was hoping to find out lesser known channels or lesser known producers as well.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Thank you for responding. I know of mostly all of those channels. I was hoping to find out lesser known channels or lesser known producers as well.

go to http://www.hypem.com, you'll find lots of great stuff there for sure. They have an app which I found really good too.

also, check out Jamie xx, Caribou, Four Tet, XXYYXX. These guys do great remixes of stuff. But there's too many artists to name of course.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
tropical house lol, don't even know? i skimmed through, sounds pretty standard mix of everything, not necessarily a genre coined "tropical house". that's what I thought you meant. sounds like indie dance, nu disco, edm with some hipster rock in there too. dees.

new floating points, incredible

also, favourite caribou track off Our Love:

Last edited:

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Really having a hard time enjoying Armin. Seems like everyone else loves him but me :laugh:. I don't hate him per say, I just do not necessarily love his music

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
I created the first one of these threads a few years ago, haven't been back here in a while so cool to see it on #4 and going strong.

What are some of your favorite podcasts?

EDX is a favorite chill driving one, Tritonal has a good one as well. Max Vangeli is a good one as well.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
New Dance with the Dead album is amazing WOW!! Electro/Synth is the best genre of Electronic atm AINEC.

Oh and this wow! SelloRekt/LA Dreams are bawse.

Gai's quit posting boring crap it's a DANCE thread. Not a Trance thread.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Post #20 :yo:

Synths are rad...(I was kid in the 80s)

lol so was I (34 now). Loved all the techno coming out in the 90's (Underworld, Fatboy Slim, Moby, Prodigy, Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers) and the Trance (Paul van Dyk, Oakenfold, Sasha and Digweed, Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin) in the late 90's early 2000's. Then I lost my love for Electronic music with all the derivative EDM, House, Dubstep **** that was going around for about the last 5 years. Got burnt out on it.

Then Hotline Miami came out in 2012 with that amazing soundtrack and introduced me to synths again. **** I was like a kid in a candy shop. Found a goldmine of this music on Youtube and Spotify and now I'm falling in love with electronic music again these past 2 years thanks to this resurgence. Electronic music is now becoming more varied which is nice because my own feelings were it was becoming to stagnant.

Last edited:

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
not sure how I blew past Swedish House Mafia in the last 2 years, but this tune has been finding its way back to me via iheartradio. it's back on my playlist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad