Music: Electronic Dance Music - Part IV

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
So I decided to listen to Deadmau5 albums, holy cow, he's one talented son of a gun. I love his style, it's so unique and sophisticated, it's like a hint of 80's electronic retro mixed with a hint of 90's melodic classic trance, bundled up into modern electro sound, the dude is brilliant.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So I decided to listen to Deadmau5 albums, holy cow, he's one talented son of a gun. I love his style, it's so unique and sophisticated, it's like a hint of 80's electronic retro mixed with a hint of 90's melodic classic trance, bundled up into modern electro sound, the dude is brilliant.

:handclap: It's awesome when you find something new you like and he's got a good amount of material. I want some more complete sets of his like the youtube I posted. Anyone know how I can get that in to itunes.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
:handclap: It's awesome when you find something new you like and he's got a good amount of material. I want some more complete sets of his like the youtube I posted. Anyone know how I can get that in to itunes.

global-sets.com is usually the first place I look when I want MP3s of sets.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
What I love about EDM is the diversity in it. There's something for everyone.

I'm not a huge fan of some of the mainstage stuff right now (Chainsmokers especially).

While I recognize deadmau5 is talented I've never liked his music too much either. I just don't like the trance style.

I've become a big fan of illenium lately, here's a good mix:

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
^ Agreed. I don't really classify EDM in to different styles - If I hear something and I like it I'll try to download it. I was working in the Club scene in the early 2000's and it was pretty much called Industrial then, house ect. Local DJ's kind of ruled, then I lost touch of it unitl Teisto, Avicci, Aoki and Deadmau5 came on to the scene. Like anything they can be good early and then kinda go mainstream and people dislike them. Deadmau5 seems to be doing his own thing. Post stuff you like here because sometimes you just don't get exposed to it.

Aoki has a doc on Netflix, gained a ton of respect after watching that - the guy is a machine. I'm lucky because in Chicago these DJ's will do local clubs, Saw Avicci, Tiesto (sucked), Calvin Harris and a few others. Deadmau5 is here in May.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
^ Agreed. I don't really classify EDM in to different styles - If I hear something and I like it I'll try to download it. I was working in the Club scene in the early 2000's and it was pretty much called Industrial then, house ect. Local DJ's kind of ruled, then I lost touch of it unitl Teisto, Avicci, Aoki and Deadmau5 came on to the scene. Like anything they can be good early and then kinda go mainstream and people dislike them. Deadmau5 seems to be doing his own thing. Post stuff you like here because sometimes you just don't get exposed to it.

Aoki has a doc on Netflix, gained a ton of respect after watching that - the guy is a machine. I'm lucky because in Chicago these DJ's will do local clubs, Saw Avicci, Tiesto (sucked), Calvin Harris and a few others. Deadmau5 is here in May.

I used to be a huge fan of Tiesto back in the late 90's, along with the likes of Ferry Corsten (They were called Gouryella together) and Armin van Buuren, they used to be trance legends. When people spoke of trance, it was Dutch trance that they referred to for most part thanks to the amazing trance that was coming out of Holland. Eventually Tiesto went for the fame and lost his legendary style, Armin did the same.

I understand music evolution, but I would imagine if these guys would have evolved their sounds naturally based on passion rather than fame, the stuff that Deadmau5 produces should have been the end result, specially songs like these:

Franky

Sep 7, 2017
I've got a question: where do you get your music from? Do you download from youtube with converters like this or do you only use srvices like spotify or download mp3 at a cost?

Last edited:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Going to see Illenium in Richmond December 4th, extremely excited.

Check out his new album if you like melodic edm at all, it's excellent.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00