El Nino's mock draft

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Don't see Pens drafting a Swede. If we're going to draft a dmen I'd rather go for broke on a guy with more offensive skill than a two-way guy.

I have a feeling that the Penguins are going to pick Phillip Danault from Victoriaville Tigres. A great Q left winger that plays with a lot of passion and has a good skillset. À la Pascal Dupuis.

Pual Statsny

Overpaid, overrated
Jul 22, 2010
Awesometown
Well, every draft has had that, Fowler dropped from 3 to 12, Paajarvi dropped to 6 to 10, Myers dropped from 7-13, Alexei Cherepanov (RIP) dropped from 4-17, David Perron dropped from 13-26, Kessel dropped from 1-5, Kopitar dropped from 3-11, Parise dropped from 6-17 (Lots of drops in that draft), Etem dropped from 14-29.

Lots of players rose, Glennie rose from 19-8, Wilson rose up 16-7, McIlrath rose up from 17-10, Niederrieder rose from 11-5, Johansen went up from 8-4, Hishon went from the second round to 17th overall.

You also notice that (with exception to Cherepanov (RIP) and Etem, but they don't really count for obvious reasons), all of the mysterious fallers are either stars or very productive players while the guys that have mysteriously risen are either still great prospects but haven't proven much. I don't know, I think it's interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad