El Nino's mock draft

KingJet*

Go ahead call me crazy, this is possible, but lets pretend some of these trades were traded up and down (for example the Huberdeau to Buffalo I think they'll trade up for that).

Edmonton - Adam Larsson (Skelleftea - Swe)
Colorado - Gabriel Landeskog (Kitchener - OHL)
Florida - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Red Deer - WHL)
New Jersey - Sean Couturier (Drummondville - QMJHL)
NYI - Nathan Beaulieu (Saint John - QMJHL)
Ottawa - Sven Bartschi (Portland - WHL)
Atlanta - Ryan Strome (Niagara - OHL)
Columbus - Dougie Hamilton (Niagara - OHL)
Boston (via Toronto) - Duncan Siemens (Saskatoon - WHL)
Minnesota - Joel Armia (Assat - SMLiiga)
Colorado (via St. Louis) - Ryan Murphy (Kitchener - OHL)
Carolina - Brandon Saad (Saginaw - OHL)
Calgary - Ty Rattie (Portland - WHL)
Dallas - David Musil (Vancouver - WHL)
NYR - Zack Phillips (Saint John - QMJHL)
Buffalo - Jonathan Huberdeau (Saint John - QMJHL)
Montreal - Tomas Jurco (Saint John - QMJHL)
Chicago - Tyler Biggs (U-18 - USHL)
Edmonton (via Los Angeles) - Mark Schiefele (Barrie - OHL)
Phoenix - Mark McNeill (Prince Albert - WHL)
Ottawa (via Nashville) - Mika Zibanejad (Djergarden - Swe)
Anaheim - Matt Puempel (Peterborough - OHL)
Pittsburgh - Jonas Brodin - (Farjestad - Swe)
Detroit - Daniel Catenacci (Sault Ste. Marie - OHL)
Toronto (via Philadelphia) - Michael St. Croix (Edmonton - WHL)
Washington - Vladislav Namestinkov (London - OHL)
Toronto (via Boston) - Jamieson Oleksiak (Northeastern - HE)
San Jose - Seth Ambroz (Omaha - USHL)
Tampa Bay - Joe Morrow (Portland - WHL)
Vancouver - Victor Rask (Leksand - Swe)

Well, every draft has had that, Fowler dropped from 3 to 12, Paajarvi dropped to 6 to 10, Myers dropped from 7-13, Alexei Cherepanov (RIP) dropped from 4-17, David Perron dropped from 13-26, Kessel dropped from 1-5, Kopitar dropped from 3-11, Parise dropped from 6-17 (Lots of drops in that draft), Etem dropped from 14-29.

Lots of players rose, Glennie rose from 19-8, Wilson rose up 16-7, McIlrath rose up from 17-10, Niederrieder rose from 11-5, Johansen went up from 8-4, Hishon went from the second round to 17th overall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amputechture

Jun 24, 2007
Toronto
That's an interesting Mock. I am of the mindset that Larsson would be my number 1 as well. Mocks are a ton of fun to play around with and it's interesting to see what you did here. I noticed that you didn't have any of the gens players in there (Jenner, Jensen, Lessio). Where do you think they might go?
I hate when people jump on guys for doing mock drafts because "so and so wont fall that far". As we have seen in recent drafts, there's some strange and interesting things that happen in them so anything is possible really. Just like each of us have players that we really like, there's organizations that love certain guys over others. Fun mock though dude.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
No chance the Bruins pass on Murphy if he is available at 9

NaturalIce

Apr 1, 2010
Bronx/NJ
If NYR passed on huberdeau at 15 (not that he will make it past ottawa) I will drive to minn just to smack sather across the face.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I think what some people are failing to realize is that he hasn't set a particular draft order. His selections are based on where he thinks everyone will end up when all is said and done.

For example, it looks like he has Ottawa trading down to take Bartschi, and trading up to take Zibanejad. (As a Sens fan I approve, if RNH, AL, SC, JH, GL are gone)

He also mentioned that Buffalo would be trading up (presumably with NYI).

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
i hope oilers take larrson...i dont think rnh will live up to the hype

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Well, every draft has had that, Fowler dropped from 3 to 12, Paajarvi dropped to 6 to 10, Myers dropped from 7-13, Alexei Cherepanov (RIP) dropped from 4-17, David Perron dropped from 13-26, Kessel dropped from 1-5, Kopitar dropped from 3-11, Parise dropped from 6-17 (Lots of drops in that draft), Etem dropped from 14-29.

I can think of 2 drafts that the top 8 players where drafted in the top 8(2006 and 2009). I see 2011 being that kind of draft(maybe one guy will fall to spot 9 or 10 at worst)

2006: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=3784

2008: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=7125

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Don't see Pens drafting a Swede. If we're going to draft a dmen I'd rather go for broke on a guy with more offensive skill than a two-way guy.

Kaoz*

A lot of reaches here.

Huberdeau and Zibanejad being the biggest ones I think

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Well he said in his mock that buffalo would be trading up to grab huberdeau. I have no clue how that would happen but ok

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->