Confirmed with Link: El Niño extended (3x4M)

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Not sure what this means for Ehlers in two years with regards to cap structure.

That said... as deep as this forward group appears to be now, it might be even better as our high end prospects like Rutger start pushing guys down the line up
Cap goes up, Pionk, Schmidt, and Wheeler are off the books. How much of a raise could Ehlers realistically ask for? 7.5 means we only have to find 1.5 million for him.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Future Decisions made on Gabe Iafallo apples ehlers required and KC and Fetts.

Pressing Decisions required on demelo Dillon and bro eventually here

Schmidt is a buy out at this point. Waive him.

Prob need to make spots for rutger and at this point Chibrikov and lambert sooner rather than later. Iafallo and ehlers?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Future Decisions made on Gabe Iafallo apples ehlers required and KC and Fetts.

Pressing Decisions required on demelo Dillon and bro eventually here

Schmidt is a buy out at this point. Waive him.

Prob need to make spots for rutger and at this point Chibrikov and lambert sooner rather than later. Iafallo and ehlers?
I don't think the organization will be in any particular hurry. These guys are all 20 y/o and younger and are on year 1 of their ELCs or haven't even started them yet. I'd expect Chevy to run an experienced vet heavy group for a couple years yet and use the prospects as waiver exempt injury replacement guys as they prove ready.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Name the last ufa elite player who made it to ufa, bottom line they normally don't. And the ones who do have their destination in mind already

We were good for a while so our cupboard emptied but

Rutger lambert chibrikov salomonster Barlow lucius zhilkin = recruitment on its way

Little rhd light but lots of teams are

Regarding the first point, that's what I meant... retention of existing players is fine. We had guys who wanted out before but that has slowed right down.

Regarding the second point, draft picks are not the issue when it comes to "recruitment"... everyone is on an even playing field there. It's the signing of FAs on the open market that is the issue.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Perfect.

Again.

Chevy being Chevy. I like the fact that you never ever never hear a whisper.....then BAM! Wow, that is better than what I was hoping for!

Names extension
Dubois Deal
Helly & FeFe signings

Those are just from the last 6 months.......
Totally agree.

And totally expect that within a few weeks there's going to be a mob with pitchforks demanding Chevy's head for something he's done or not done or for no reason at all.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Totally agree.

And totally expect that within a few weeks there's going to be a mob with pitchforks demanding Chevy's head for something he's done or not done or for no reason at all.
Chevy has built up some good will since the last TDL and especially through the summer with the PLD trade and the Scheifele and Helly signings. Signing Nino to a nice fair contract, gives him a another nice little bump. How the season plays will be crucial, but for now I think the majority of posters are quite happy with where he has gotten this team to. IMO Bones is much closer to seeing this board's wrath if things go south then Chevy is at this point.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Great addition to the team, now trade Brossoit…

Hear me out.

There’s no question that Brossoit came back to Winnipeg looking for a starting position. By all accounts, it appeared 37 was on his way out and I’m sure Brossoit envisioned himself as the Jets starter.

After last year’s performance in Vegas who can blame him. Brossoit showed the entire league that he’s starting Goalie. You know it. I know it. The entire league knows it. To be frank, It’s a shame that such a talent is stapled to our bench.

Now I’m as greedy as the next guy. And the thought of a Bucky Bro tandem in the playoffs sounds like an amazing insurance plan, but at the end of the day, there’s no doubt Brossoit would fetch a pretty penny on the current market. Especially considering there are a lot of teams on the outside (looking in) because of poor goaltending.

I wouldn’t suggest this if I didnt think we could get a 2nd round pick or 2nd line roster player for him.

I also think Helly can hold down the fort until a playoff birth. Even with a mediocre backup behind him.

It’s certainly a risk, but the value Bro brings back versus the value he provides as a secondary tender sitting on the bench would be worth it.

Last edited:

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Connor fn Bedard seemed pretty excited to play in the city closest to his hometown
Bedard, who hails from North Vancouver and played his developmental hockey in that area, won't be playing in the city closest to his hometown until Dec. 17. There's a difference between a hometown team and the team that drafted a player into the WHL.

The Hobgoblin

Sep 6, 2011
Forgive this fan living far away but why does Winnipeg have such a negative reputation? My friend that migrated to where I live, Columbus, Georgia, is from northern Manitoba that is a huge Jets fan and has literally gotten into fights if someone says anything bad about Winnipeg.

So where does the negative reputation come from? My friend says is a great small city and is extremely proud of it. I know for as long as I've been a NHL fan going back to 1980 I've heard about how hard the Jets had it in keeping players.

From my own research it seems it is a very nice city to live in FWIW. I know you guys and gals on this board are very friendly and nice and I think that speaks well for the general Manitoba community.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Forgive this fan living far away but why does Winnipeg have such a negative reputation? My friend that migrated to where I live, Columbus, Georgia, is from northern Manitoba that is a huge Jets fan and has literally gotten into fights if someone says anything bad about Winnipeg.

So where does the negative reputation come from? My friend says is a great small city and is extremely proud of it. I know for as long as I've been a NHL fan going back to 1980 I've heard about how hard the Jets had it in keeping players.

From my own research it seems it is a very nice city to live in FWIW. I know you guys and gals on this board are very friendly and nice and I think that speaks well for the general Manitoba community.

Not entirely sure. Winnipeg has more violent crime than other Canadian cities, but it's still peanuts compared to most American cities. IMO the cold weather is so vastly over blown. There's usually a week to three a year where its unbearably cold. The majority of winter is just fine. Could be a racist thing because of the larger than average indigenous population? I remember a few years back when we hosted a womens world cup game. A lot of American folks came up for the game and were pleasantly surprised. They were expecting one thing based on reputation and discovered something completely different.

Winnipeg has the same problems any other city nearing a million people would have. I think in general people are pretty friendly. The extreme weather will always bring that out. It won't take long for a stranger to help you get unstuck from a snow drift. When I used to bus to work and would walk home in the especially cold, there were always people who would stop and offer me a ride the rest of the way. We have theatre, and world class ballet, and a symphony. It's not NY or Montreal or Toronto, but it doesn't deserve the reputation it gets. Plus it has a bit of character and grit, something which a city like Calgary lacks imo. Calgary sucks.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Agreed, elite UFA will never come here but I'm tired of hearing especially from other teams posters that we can't even keep our own free agents let alone try to sign some.
It's not just other posters. I've seen it from our hf Jets posters quite often.

It also may be a bit different when you have the chance to acquire a player and they re sign (ie demelo, Stastny, names, nino) vs trying to lure them in UFA when they haven't had sort of an in-season preview of being on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad