Rumor: Eklund: Canucks going after Cody Ceci

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
Benning catastrophically mismanaged this team so badly that he has no other option but to make decisions to keep his job, the time to make moves based on the longer term outlook of the franchise was over the last 5 years, he hasn't done that and now he's in the position he is right now.
Well If this is the case, the owner of the team is performing an injustice towards the fan base for keeping Benning employed as the Gm of the franchise.

Reactions: BROCK HUGHES

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Well If this is the case, the owner of the team is performing an injustice towards the fan base for keeping Benning employed as the Gm of the franchise.

Well you aren't wrong, Benning is an inept dumbass who should've never been hired in the first place. That's water under the bridge though, the question right now is when he will be fired, Benning's interest to obviously avoid that so he will make decisions accordingly.

It was his woeful mismanagement despite trying to be competitive that got himself into this predicament to begin with, so my guess would be that he'll fail miserably at digging his way out of this and will be unemployed sooner rather than later, that day can't come soon enough.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I give Eklund credit for having staying power despite clearly being a total hack.

That being said, Ceci is absolutely a typical Benning target (bad player by all metrics except minutes played, 25+ years old, rehab project, etc.). I wouldn't be remotely surprised if we traded futures for him and signed a God-awful contract on the backside of the trade.

He fits right into the Sbisa/Gudbranson mold. Absolutely picture perfect for Benning.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
This would be the most Benning thing ever.

Let’s just assemble a whole list of shitty/mediocre former 1st rounders and give it to Benning as a shopping list. Make his job easier.

From the 2012-2015 drafts:

Griffin Reinhart
Mikhail Grigorenko
Zemgus Girgensons
Cody Ceci
Scott Laughton
Jordan Schmaltz
Henrik Samuelsson
Valeri Nichushkin
Alexander Wennberg
Samuel Morin
Curtis Lazar
Fredrick Gauthier
Emile Poirier
Andre Burakovsky
Morgan Klimchuk
Michael McCarron
Ryan Hartman
Michael Dal Colle
Haydn Fleury
Brendan Perlini
Julius Honka
Sonny Milano
Robby Fabbri
Connor Bleakley
Josh Ho-Sang
Nikita Scherbak
Lawson Crouse
Jakub Zboril
Zac Senyshyn
Evgeni Svechnikov
Joel Ericsson-Ek
Noah Juulsen
Jacob Larsson
Nick Merkley

There, that should keep him busy.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC

I know this is Eklund and what he says should be taken with a grain of salt, but does Benning really think this D core would be good enough for the playoffs with Cody Ceci added to it?

After typing this, why did you continue?
A broken clock is more accurate than Eklund.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It;s only Eklund. If it was Freidmann I'd be more worried.

Still, Ceci is a perfect target for the Canucks, and totally consistent with every other failed first round draft pick they've acquired over the years.

This hockey ops department wouldn't recognize a viable NHL -man if he was swimming in their shark fin soup.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I just don’t understand why benning isn’t selling assets for draft picks right now. The defence for the Canucks is not going to be completely repaired with one trade. They already have average to below average level defenceman on the team. Why add more?
There’s **** all to sell, not that hard to grasp.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Be careful what you say about Eklund. Hfboards censors anything negative said about him.

Why? We're allowed to bash any other media for their takes but somehow this complete bullshit artist gets a free ride?

How much does he have to pay to get that kinda protection?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Predictions, ranked most Benning to least Benning

1. Edler to Pitts. Pitts return flipped to Ottawa for Ceci.
2. Hutton for Ceci
3. Gudbranson for Ceci
4. Goldobin for Ceci

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad