Rumor: Eklund: Canucks going after Cody Ceci

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria

I know this is Eklund and what he says should be taken with a grain of salt, but does Benning really think this D core would be good enough for the playoffs with Cody Ceci added to it?

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Let's send Gudbranson home to Ottawa and take the other Ottawa hometown boy Ceci (RFA) from them.

I will also personally add to the deal a free round of golf at my club to Dorion&Benning if they take EG from us 1 for 1...

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Likely both Tanev and Edler are out long term if that's the case and Jim wants to ensure Sautner and Biega are down with the Comets helping them in their playoff push.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I want it to be true for several reasons.
Ceci might be the only challenger to Gudbranson in being the worst defenseman in the league. So seeing a Gudbranson Ceci pairing would be such a tirefire it would be one of the greatest trainwreck imaginable. Also, if the Canucks get Ceci it accelerates Benning's firing. AND ON TOP OF THAT, I'd love to see how the usual crowd will defend Ceci and tell us all we are wrong and secretly Ceci was a good defenseman and that we know nothing about hockey only for the Gudbranson/Ceci pairing to blow up.

Last edited:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Had Ceci on my radar as a target this regime would want. It’s Eklund, so grain of salt, but I buy it. It makes sense for Benning.

The ask for Ceci in the last rumour about him was exorbitant. Maybe that has changed?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
what-the-just-stop.jpg

Reactions: Huggy43

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
I just don’t understand why benning isn’t selling assets for draft picks right now. The defence for the Canucks is not going to be completely repaired with one trade. They already have average to below average level defenceman on the team. Why add more?

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
Because we have nobody to sell except Edler and Benning can’t trade Edler as he’ll be fired if the team doesn’t make the playoffs next year.
But shouldn’t benning be looking out for the greater good of the franchise? How does another average or below average defenceman improve this team?

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
But shouldn’t benning be looking out for the greater good of the franchise? How does another average or below average defenceman improve this team?

After next season Benning will have matched the length of Gillis' tenure and he's missed the playoffs for 4 straight seasons (5 if they miss next year), he's catastrophically mismanaged this team so badly that he has no other option but to make decisions to keep his job, the time to make moves based on the longer term outlook of the franchise was over the last 5 years, he hasn't done that and now he's in the position he is right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: PM and MS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->