Proposal: Ekholm to WPG

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Winnipeg’s D issues are well documented and adding Ekholm would definitely make the Jets a dangerous team.

Obviously any deal starts with a 1st, but what would the Preds be looking for as an add?

Ekholm for 2021 1st + Logan Stanley or would NSH prefer Vesalainen

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Definitely prefer Vesalainen to Stanley, but that just puts it on the same level as other offers that aren't automatically accepted.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
1st+Vesalainen for Ekholm+2nd and you got yourself a deal, my man.
I’d love to get Ekholm + 2nd, and I’d be ok with 1st + Vesa for Ekholm straight up, but I have a feeling there might be a bidding war and we’d need to add something else... be it another pick or another prospect

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
1st+Vesalainen for Ekholm+2nd and you got yourself a deal, my man.
Yeah, we don't need to give up a 2nd in this scenario. You are only in the realm of many many other offers on this board with just the 1st+Vesalainen. You haven't won this bidding war yet with that straight up for Ekholm. Asking for a 2nd back would just take you straight out of the running.

Reactions: bukwas

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Yeah, we don't need to give up a 2nd in this scenario. You are only in the realm of many many other offers on this board with just the 1st+Vesalainen. You haven't won this bidding war yet with that straight up for Ekholm. Asking for a 2nd back would just take you straight out of the running.

Lol. Yes. Cuz ppl on here are GMs. The reality is Ekholm would sit for 2 weeks. 2nd this year plus a Vesalainen would likely be max. No cdn team gonna give up 1st and top prospects for a dude who will have to quarantine for 2 weeks. Ppl always overrated their players on here. You are also. Ekholm ain't what he used to be

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Lol. Yes. Cuz ppl on here are GMs. The reality is Ekholm would sit for 2 weeks. 2nd this year plus a Vesalainen would likely be max. No cdn team gonna give up 1st and top prospects for a dude who will have to quarantine for 2 weeks. Ppl always overrated their players on here. You are also. Ekholm ain't what he used to be
This is just you saying you don't really want Ekholm, though. So you don't get him. Fair enough. We don't WANT you to get him.

Reactions: Viqsi

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Glad to see some Jets fans saying no to Ekholm. I hope Chevy feels the same way. Last thing the North Division needs is Winnipeg actually addressing the D core.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ah, the time honored tradition of trade negging. Where would we be without it?

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I’d offer a first 2nd and a third from the Habs with Harris and Hillis .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad