Jameson Olive: Ekblad and Yandle finally split

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Before the season started I was of the opinion that Yandle and Ekblad and Matheson should all be split up to anchor their own pairing, but by God the defense has been so atrocious up and down the depth chart it seems there are no good pairing options any longer.

Yandle has been the only one earning his pay, but that late turnover a few nights ago was so terrible it almost canceled out all the other good he's done this season.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Also, we need to bring up McDonald and sit Petrovic. It's a nightmare scenario just about every time he's anywhere near the puck.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
But I thought they were BFFs
sKiXALi.png

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
This could be a trainwreck with the way Petro+Matheson have played but on the other hand I wanted to see changes among dmen.
I would much rather have Weegar be a regular over Petro

Petro-Yandle is gonna be scary.. and not in a good way. My prediction Petro ends Yandle ironman streak by running into him

Last edited:

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
This could be a trainwreck with the way Petro+Matheson have played but on the other hand I wanted to see changes among dmen.

Petro-Yandle is gonna be scary.. and not in a good way. My prediction Petro ends Yandle ironman streak by running into him

Not the same but Yandle played extremely well when he was paired with Dylan Mcilrath in New York. Maybe having a "stay home" guy will bring out his best.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Put me in the camp that sees this as a possible train wreck scenario. I hope I’m wrong but Matheson has not been good. Petro has been inconsistent at best. Giving those two tougher minutes and more ice time doesn’t seem like a recipe for success.

Reactions: Little Bobby Boo

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Put me in the camp that sees this as a possible train wreck scenario. I hope I’m wrong but Matheson has not been good. Petro has been inconsistent at best. Giving those two tougher minutes and more ice time doesn’t seem like a recipe for success.

I can see an adjustment period but Yandle just doesn't belong on the top pair

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I did LOL at work reading this. Because it would be such a Panther thing to happen.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Still think Yandle isn’t 100% since preseason, he got injured from a hit and hasn’t had much ice time compared to his usual use

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Don’t see how you can say this after his play last year. Maybe another partner could be a better fit though.

It's just not his role as a dman to be a number 1. He is an offensive D who can play defense well but he isn't a number 1 guy or at least shouldn't be. He belongs on the second pair. This is part of our problem on defense we have guys playing out of where they should be.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
My least favourite thing about our fan base is how they talk about yandle... Especially the Twitter normies

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
My least favourite thing about our fan base is how they talk about yandle... Especially the Twitter normies

The Yandle hate is too much. He hasn't had the best of starts (defensively), but he's still the best Dman we have. This talk by some on twitter and other boards of scratching him is both hilarious and ridiculous.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I get shocked the moment i saw Petro on the 2nd Line is this Serious, is Pysyk injured?? or did they saw something complete different from us?
What i like on ekblad Matheson, now the 1st Luine has someone who can skate.

I would also more for Weegar on 2nd Line form the Season so far the most steady Player, im not sure why he didnt get that chance, Chances Petrovic get every Year.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Sure, but at the end of the year when he has been ground down with minutes and injuries due to playing in a position where he should not we are going to wish otherwise.
If we still care about games at the end of the season, I certainly won't wish otherwise. If that's what is happening, it means that Matheson and Ekblad have not stepped up and that Yandle is still our only almost top pairing dman.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
It's just not his role as a dman to be a number 1. He is an offensive D who can play defense well but he isn't a number 1 guy or at least shouldn't be. He belongs on the second pair. This is part of our problem on defense we have guys playing out of where they should be.
Except he was fine on the first pair, never said he was a #1. Yandle could 100% play on the first pair with the right partner. He and Ekblad were pretty good last year.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad