Jameson Olive: Ekblad and Yandle finally split

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Also, we need to bring up McDonald and sit Petrovic. It's a nightmare scenario just about every time he's anywhere near the puck.
I'm liking this for MacDonald. Maybe it's me and I value things different but I felt he was the most reliable of the 6 in his games. It's a shame he's not in the roster right now.

Further, and possibly a real dumb question- what example is it setting if you can clearly look more on point than your peers, and you get the sack?

Reactions: Ratsreign

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018
Changing the pairing does nothing. We still have zero lock down guys. Zero tough defenders.

This team needs to do a reverse Devils trade. They dumped Larson for Hall. We need to trade a Borgstrom/Tippet for a top pair guy. If not then we will probably lead the league in goals and goals against.

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018
I'm liking this for MacDonald. Maybe it's me and I value things different but I felt he was the most reliable of the 6 in his games. It's a shame he's not in the roster right now.

Further, and possibly a real dumb question- what example is it setting if you can clearly look more on point than your peers, and you get the sack?

Ask Vatrano. You do good in Florida shame on you. Back to the AHL. Figures we have a losing culture.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

He was good on the offensive Side, but also in the early Game he showed lag of care in Defensive Duties. Like the most Offensive defensman, he lost a few time his Players and made some mistake, that lead to scoring chances. I think there is no one in all the Defensive Pairing who a free from big mistakes.
But shines out on MacDonald is his Instict and IQ in offensive Game, where you must stay as the Player comeing late in. That is also how he was scoring, MacDonald knows where he must stand. Things is hard to teach you have it or not.

On the other Side, its complete different from Petrovic, current the Petrovic pinches are most time lead to chances for the opponent Team. When petrovic pinches in the O-Zone, he mostly misses his Shots and opponent team use this for a fast breakout in the hole he opens. Or he loose is or his shot around are far to fast and lead to the results. Sure normal a Forward should go into the position Petrovic stays, but his timeing was so bad, that they caught us with 3 or 4 Player behind the Puck.
If Petrovic only play because he is the Fighting/tough Guy Player, some should be remind how his reputation is in the League. maybe he can do some roughing up play but thats it.

But the Petrovic problems are an problem we have on the Blueline. That most of the shoots never, ever able to go on net or create any kind of Rebounds.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Why is mcd not getting not time? Why is petro playing instead of him? Why are we not giving weegar more opportunity?

Reactions: klabob

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Is there something outlandish about the idea of having 3 "offensive" stick checking, puck fishing, contact avoiding "defenders" each paired with a more "traditional" defenseman that will actually play defense as priority one?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Is there something outlandish about the idea of having 3 "offensive" stick checking, puck fishing, contact avoiding "defenders" each paired with a more "traditional" defenseman that will actually play defense as priority one?

Noting outlandish about it. But do we have three stay at home d that we trust?

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Yea same here. I need to see more of him to really decide.

It's a small sample size, but I feel like I've seen enough. I like the 52/55 defensive pairing and I'm going to be very annoyed when Pysyk comes back and they sit one or both of those guys in favor of Petro/Pysyk, the blunder pairing from hell.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
It's a small sample size, but I feel like I've seen enough. I like the 52/55 defensive pairing and I'm going to be very annoyed when Pysyk comes back and they sit one or both of those guys in favor of Petro/Pysyk, the blunder pairing from hell.

Yeah, liking the pairings so far.

-ghoste

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Really been liking this split.

Yandle has been amazing this year, I didn't see that coming. He seems to have taken on more of a leadership role now that they're split up.

Ek is a big boy and can handle his own pairing . I'm sure his time will be coming soon when he starts putting the points up on the board.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Really been liking this split.

Yandle has been amazing this year, I didn't see that coming. He seems to have taken on more of a leadership role now that they're split up.

Ek is a big boy and can handle his own pairing . I'm sure his time will be coming soon when he starts putting the points up on the board.

Agreed we still need another steady shut down guy that can be relied upon

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I'm getting fed up with Petro's mistakes. All the dumb plays and penalties have turned me bald.

me too and i can´t understand why Petro is still in the Line Up and a Promising MacDonald just playing AHL. When they dont like to call up a current Player from the AHL to keep their Game going and get those Kids the expierence of Winning and success. Then they should try to get something better to this Club,Petro is on a one Year contract and UFA not the biggest Value. But this Team need better Player then Petrovic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad