Injury Report: EK65

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Didn't a similar injury pretty much end Cheechoo's NHL career? I mean EK is a MUCH better skater than Cheechoo ever was, but if we can expect a similar decrease in skating ability EK may have to relearn how to play his game before he'll be effective. He may never be at a superstar/Norris caliber defenseman level again. Cheechoo went from a 4 or 5 (out of 10) in the skating category then had some double groin issues and fell to 2 or 3 in skating ability. EK was a 10 in skating ability then the achilles... prolly down to 7 or 8... Now double groin injury could leave him an average skater (5 or 6) with the brain of someone used to skating much better. I think he's going to have to relearn his limitations. Not sure Stanley Cup Play-offs is the best place for him to try to figure it out. Especially against VGK.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Didn't a similar injury pretty much end Cheechoo's NHL career? I mean EK is a MUCH better skater than Cheechoo ever was, but if we can expect a similar decrease in skating ability EK may have to relearn how to play his game before he'll be effective. He may never be at a superstar/Norris caliber defenseman level again. Cheechoo went from a 4 or 5 (out of 10) in the skating category then had some double groin issues and fell to 2 or 3 in skating ability. EK was a 10 in skating ability then the achilles... prolly down to 7 or 8... Now double groin injury could leave him an average skater (5 or 6) with the brain of someone used to skating much better. I think he's going to have to relearn his limitations. Not sure Stanley Cup Play-offs is the best place for him to try to figure it out. Especially against VGK.

No. Cheechoo had a double sports hernia whereas at this point Karlsson's injury is a garden variety groin muscle injury.

Reactions: Friday

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Full speed and full stops with full speed sounds promising.

Falling flat on his face as he steps onto the ice not so promising.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He's not really close until he starts being a full participant in team practices though so that's probably the next big step to look for.

Reactions: Caesar Rex

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
He's not really close until he starts being a full participant in team practices though so that's probably the next big step to look for.

Probably needs to get through at least two of those as well without a setback. I’m guessing he gets in the last two games of the season. At least we got good news today

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Seems like he'll play no matter what come playoffs. Hopefully hes 90% or better by then

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Man can the reporters in san jose get any worse?

Stop trying to hit the home run click bait articles and just report the actual news that you are given. Its getting pretty embarrassing.

Reactions: FunkyPhin

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I guess I am confused? Is it a groin or something more? I get the mystery but if it has been a whole month I assume it is a bit more than just a groin?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I guess I am confused? Is it a groin or something more? I get the mystery but if it has been a whole month I assume it is a bit more than just a groin?

It's just a groin muscle injury. There's varying degrees of severity with muscle pulls.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

No groins can be lengthy times off depending on the severity.

Grade 1 - typically 3 weeks.
Grade 2 - typically 2-3 months.
Grade 3 - typically 4+ months.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Okay, skating at full speed and stopping sharply is great news — it also seems like they’re being way more methodical than last time which is great.

I look forward to the next article on him falling on his face though... “Is Erik Karlsson Dead After Fall? Maybe, We Do Almost No Research.”

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
No. Cheechoo had a double sports hernia whereas at this point Karlsson's injury is a garden variety groin muscle injury.
We don't actually know the severity of EK65s injury but a Sports Heria IS a groin related injury. This is the guy who fixed mine. I think he also did Cheechoos, Nabby's and a bunch of other football and hockey players. He's one of the pioneers of the treatment from what I remember. The adductor tendon type of damage (what I had) specifically feels like a groin tear on steroids.

https://www.sportshernia.com

Reactions: Multigrain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad