Injury Report: EK65

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Man, I think back to how big that Burns contract looked at the time. Now it looks like peanuts, at least AAV-wise.

A guy like Karlsson, you give him a blank check. Anything he wants.
Yea part of it is that if you lock them in while they're still on the younger side, the increasing cap will eventually make it a tolerable contract and it becomes a steal of a deal assuming that the player stays good. It's gonna hurt in the short term but it gets easier as the cap percentage decreases.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
You can bet that, but there's no way I'd commit to a 7-8 year term at $13m per. He's good, but not THAT good. Even when healthy with us, he hasn't warranted that kind of deal. I get the adjustment period, but no thank you. I wouldn't go over $11m long term, unless very confident in his health. I can't be sure. I'm not a trainer or physician.
Now you're just talking crazy... When he was healthy and after the adjustment period he was the best defenseman in the NHL. or maybe a 1a to Burns 1b or vice versa. Sorry man you're just not dealing in reality with your take.

Reactions: anthonyyy

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
There's a difference between elite and legit-top-line/top-pair

U empty the labanc for the former, and try not to overpay the latter unless you're desperately trying to change the franchise culture or something

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
3 straight days is a good sign. That means as of now there has been no real setbacks or pain coming back.

Pretty soon i think 1 of these videos they have been getting will him being put to the suicide test.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Sharks fans are really, really, really spoiled when it comes to their star players' contracts.

And I'm not sure why anymore to be honest considering that Vlasic, Couture, and Jones were all paid and received market value. The days of DW getting his stars to re-sign on sweetheart deals is probably over.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Anybody else think they’re targeting the Flames game for EK65’s return?

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Anybody else think they’re targeting the Flames game for EK65’s return?

In 12 13 days? That would be mighty hopeful from the way DeBoer sounds.

Then again, he seems to play stupid when it comes to what the medical/training staff is doing with EK. I refuse to believe that he has no clue as to why EK is being filmed.

So...I know nothing, lol.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
In 12 days? That would be mighty hopeful from the way DeBoer sounds.

Then again, he seems to play stupid when it comes to what the medical/training staff is doing with EK. I refuse to believe that he has no clue as to why EK is being filmed.

So...I know nothing, lol.

I just say that assuming that he’ll start practicing with the team when they return for SoCal assuming he has no more setbacks. That gives him a week of team practices before the games the following weekend. It’ll take him at least three games for him to get back his bearings. I’m just guessing with him already skating three consecutive days that they could be targeting just that

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I just say that assuming that he’ll start practicing with the team when they return for SoCal assuming he has no more setbacks. That gives him a week of team practices before the games the following weekend. It’ll take him at least three games for him to get back his bearings. I’m just guessing with him already skating three consecutive days that they could be targeting just that

Seeing him skate and do cuts for 3 consecutive days is definitely a good sign, and I agree that it seems like he's closer to returning sooner than later. I guess we just have to wait and see if he's called day-to-day at the end of this week (which he's already been ruled out for).

As said by a few here already, he looks so much better during his recent skates than he did before and right after the TDL.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Seeing him skate and do cuts for 3 consecutive days is definitely a good sign, and I agree that it seems like he's closer to returning sooner than later. I guess we just have to wait and see if he's called day-to-day at the end of this week (which he's already been ruled out for).

As said by a few here already, he looks so much better during his recent skates than he did before and right after the TDL.

Agreed. I also don’t want him to push too soon so if he needs another week on top of it and only gets in 2-3 games then so be it.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
With how this has played out so far (timeline, rushing back, set backs, PDB recent comments, ect) I would be shocked if he suits up before the playoffs. I'm honestly going into this assuming he won't play in the first round and if he does I fully expect him to re-injure himself.

It sucks, but that's the breaks we get as Sharks fans. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if he is fine than super disappointed when he's inevitably still hurt or gets hurt in game 3 of round 1 and is done for the year.

Reactions: Sandisfan

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Erik traveling with the team to LA. I’m guessing to continue skating with the team?

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
With how this has played out so far (timeline, rushing back, set backs, PDB recent comments, ect) I would be shocked if he suits up before the playoffs. I'm honestly going into this assuming he won't play in the first round and if he does I fully expect him to re-injure himself.

It sucks, but that's the breaks we get as Sharks fans. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if he is fine than super disappointed when he's inevitably still hurt or gets hurt in game 3 of round 1 and is done for the year.

Especially after how they kept saying Jumbo was almost ready to go for the end of last season and into the playoffs.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
That, and to be with the boys on a crucial quick roadie.

Guessing the word 'if' was omitted from the tweet above.

I think it was. He hasn’t been traveling on past road trips. Hopefully this means he’s really getting closer. I’m still betting they are targeting the Flames game for his return. That gives him four games before the playoffs begin.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Just saw a tweet about baseball player Scooter Gennett needing to miss 8-12 weeks with a groin strain. Obviously the severity varies, but that kind of worries me a bit more in regards to EK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad