EJ Hradek was just on SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanman19

Jun 28, 2005
New Jersey
Said that an NHL labor agreement is imminent. He talked to Daly, and was told that the talks are winding down. He expects PC next week, I hope he meant the week of the 4th not 11th. Draft lottery on the 11th according to Hradek.

I guess all the signs are pointing in the right direction. :jump:

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
Sanman19 said:
Said that an NHL labor agreement is imminent. He talked to Daly, and was told that the talks are winding down. He expects PC next week, I hope he meant the week of the 4th not 11th. Draft lottery on the 11th according to Hradek.

PC?

DevilsFan

Jun 2, 2005
Sanman19 said:

How imminent is imminent? I'll believe it when I see it. Hradek, like The Hockey News, has lost all creditability as far as I'm concerned after Sadurday in February.

Hopefully, he is right.

leafaholix*

In January, this would have been amazing news... I would have been shaking with excitement.

Now, it's like... "ok, whatever... just get it done then call me."

A Good Flying Bird*

Sanman19 said:

Jeez, the last time Hradek said that, he got publicly spanked by the Sports center jocks 24 hours later

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
When July 1 came and went, I grew more skeptical. I refuse to be optimistic about any of it. If they come to an agreement, good for them. If I manage to not hear about it, good for me. I'll be waiting to see the price for the Centre Ice package to decide if I will bother being an NHL fan again.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Tekneek said:
When July 1 came and went, I grew more skeptical. I refuse to be optimistic about any of it. If they come to an agreement, good for them. If I manage to not hear about it, good for me. I'll be waiting to see the price for the Centre Ice package to decide if I will bother being an NHL fan again.

if you are trying to not hear about it, this is probably the last site you should be at.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
I did not mean to say I was trying to avoid it. I was saying that if I manage to not hear about it, then it will be to my own benefit. It's not the same as saying I hope I never hear about it.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Tekneek said:

I guess you weren't a fan before...... when did Centre Ice start? 1999? 2000? 2001?

:propeller

Large_Farva*

Tekneek said:

You clearly were not much of a fan to start with.. To be honest, we don't want you back.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
Sanman19 said:

Sounds like it to me. I've been trying to avoid paying lots of attention to what's going on labor wise in the NHL, but the last few days, it's been hard not to get excited. It really does sound like something is going to be hammered out by the middle of July :handclap: :clap:

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Tekneek said:
I did not mean to say I was trying to avoid it. I was saying that if I manage to not hear about it, then it will be to my own benefit. It's not the same as saying I hope I never hear about it.

Whenever I hear people say "I'm not gonna be a fan anymore" I have to laugh. If you cared at all about the NHL going into the lockout, you're going to care comming out of it.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Scugs said:
Whenever I hear people say "I'm not gonna be a fan anymore" I have to laugh. If you cared at all about the NHL going into the lockout, you're going to care comming out of it.

Yeah, but it depends on Centre Ice - if he has to go to the effort of reading box scores and standings, his NHL fan days are so over it's not even funny.

Oh, wait a sec... it is funny.

Spungo*

Large_Farva said:
You clearly were not much of a fan to start with.. To be honest, we don't want you back.

And you can kiss Jeremy Roenicks ass too.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Montrealer said:
I guess you weren't a fan before...... when did Centre Ice start? 1999? 2000? 2001?

:propeller

Have you been a fan for long? It was started in 1995-96.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Large_Farva said:

Yeah, right. I should be begging them to hit the ice so I can throw hundreds or more dollars at them? That's a brilliant way to act towards people who couldn't be arsed to come to their senses for almost a year.

Spungo*

Scugs said:

Tell that to the tens of thousands of Expos and Blue Jays fans that never came back after 1994. Everyone here is probably a hardcore fan, but many casual fans will probably never come back.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Scugs said:

Not nearly as much. If they raise the price of Centre Ice above what it was for the last season they played, I will surely cancel it. As of right now, they have no national deal in the US until NBC's deal picks up. I'd be stuck watching Thrashers' games, and there aren't many of those that would interest me enough. I am a hockey fan and can follow other leagues than the NHL, or just follow it online without giving them a penny. I'll have my second child born in October, so it's not like I won't have something else to do besides watching NHL hockey.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Montrealer said:
Yeah, but it depends on Centre Ice - if he has to go to the effort of reading box scores and standings, his NHL fan days are so over it's not even funny.

Oh, wait a sec... it is funny.

I was talking about in terms of giving them money. The NHL cares little about someone reading boxscores and stats online. They need people to put money on the line.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
NYR469 said:
i wonder if EJ used the same sources he used to report the season was uncanceled in feb?

Yeah, let's all get excited about a guy who got it wrong once already. I guess if he keeps saying it, he might be right once.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
With the comments in this thread so far, I assume all of you put cash on the line. You get centre ice, you buy merchandise, you buy tickets, and if you are in an NHL town you buy season tickets. I was once a season ticket holder for the Thrashers, and I've been a season ticket holder for an ECHL team as well (and IHL). I hope all of you are putting your money where your mouth (fingers in this case, perhaps) is.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Spungo said:
Tell that to the tens of thousands of Expos and Blue Jays fans that never came back after 1994. Everyone here is probably a hardcore fan, but many casual fans will probably never come back.

While you raise a good point, there is another hidden factor.

When both these teams came back, they were completely dismantled.. I have to say when I was a kid I was a huge baseball fan... Almost a bigger fan than hockey, since my Jays were always winning.

I stopped playing baseball, and then stopped watching it. I was unfamiliar with the team.

But there is no doubt that the casual fans will care even less at this point. But like I said before, if you have cared during the whole lockout, hoping the season would be saved... You won't just do an about face and never recognize the NHL again.

MLB is making its come back. I'm a huge baseball fan once again. Think it's a great sport. Alot of people don't like watching it because it is slow. I can see that, but I find it very exciting.

Shadder

Jan 26, 2005
So which state did you live in before you relocated to Atlanta. Let me give you a clue about being a fan. First of all, I'm a life long Red Wings fan currently residing in Atlanta who has a family of 4 to support on a very limited income. I have no extra money for things like Center Ice, or cable or a dish to watch it on. We are able to make it to 2 or 3 games a year if we are lucky. Last season we were able to attend a good number of Gladiators games. Given the choice I'd much rather spend the money that we would on tickets, parking, etc for equipment and ice time for my two sons. Putting your money where your mouth is does NOT in any way, shape or form prove thay your a fan of the game. It proves that you have money. I have little money but I've been a life long Red Wings fan, and no amount of money can ever change that.

Tekneek said:
With the comments in this thread so far, I assume all of you put cash on the line. You get centre ice, you buy merchandise, you buy tickets, and if you are in an NHL town you buy season tickets. I was once a season ticket holder for the Thrashers, and I've been a season ticket holder for an ECHL team as well (and IHL). I hope all of you are putting your money where your mouth (fingers in this case, perhaps) is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad