EJ Hradek was just on SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAKUS*

Tekneek said:
Not nearly as much. If they raise the price of Centre Ice above what it was for the last season they played, I will surely cancel it. As of right now, they have no national deal in the US until NBC's deal picks up. I'd be stuck watching Thrashers' games, and there aren't many of those that would interest me enough. I am a hockey fan and can follow other leagues than the NHL, or just follow it online without giving them a penny. I'll have my second child born in October, so it's not like I won't have something else to do besides watching NHL hockey.
Good luck to you.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Scugs said:
While you raise a good point, there is another hidden factor.

When both these teams came back, they were completely dismantled.. I have to say when I was a kid I was a huge baseball fan... Almost a bigger fan than hockey, since my Jays were always winning.

I stopped playing baseball, and then stopped watching it. I was unfamiliar with the team.
And this is why I'm praying the 04/05 contracts roll over. I think people overestimate how much of a hit hockey will take if there's a huge turnover in recognizable players on each team.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Tekneek said:
Yeah, let's all get excited about a guy who got it wrong once already. I guess if he keeps saying it, he might be right once.

He was - apparently he told some guy at a bar last weekend that his sources said that Bush was going to beat Kerry in the 2004 election.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Tekneek said:
Have you been a fan for long? It was started in 1995-96.

I've been a hockey fan since I can remember. My Dad tried to corrupt me into becoming a Bruins fan, but the Habs Cup run in '86 (I was eight) made me a Habs fan forever.

Why would access to Centre Ice have anything to do with anyone being a hockey fan? It's a nice addition, true, but we survived without it.

Then again, maybe I'm spoiled getting all 82 Habs games here on RDS.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Scugs said:
Whenever I hear people say "I'm not gonna be a fan anymore" I have to laugh. If you cared at all about the NHL going into the lockout, you're going to care comming out of it.

Whenever you hear people talking about whether they will be a fan or not on a hockey message board dedicated to discussing the lockout pretty much tells everyone that you are going to be a fan still. Its a nice act, I guess.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Bruwinz37 said:
Whenever you hear people talking about whether they will be a fan or not on a hockey message board dedicated to discussing the lockout pretty much tells everyone that you are going to be a fan still. Its a nice act, I guess.

Yeah, but if they implement the shootout to decide regular season ties, nobody will ever watch hockey in the history of the universe ever again, ever.

At least, that's what they tell me.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I saw the clip of Hradek on ESPN as well and I clearly remember him saying that last year's contracts are gone. He also talked about buyouts, but just the usual suspects.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
Montrealer said:
Yeah, but if they implement the shootout to decide regular season ties, nobody will ever watch hockey in the history of the universe ever again, ever.

At least, that's what they tell me.

Ahh....but they'll still post on message boards about a sport they no longer watch....

Reminds me....I'm still waiting for numerous actors/actresses to renounce their citizenship and move to Canada after the 2000 elections.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
Large_Farva said:
You clearly were not much of a fan to start with.. To be honest, we don't want you back.

Since when did "being a fan" become based on some set of behavioural rules ala some silly little boy's treehouse club?

Let me guess, no kissing girls 'cause they have cooties too?

Dude will do what he wants to do regardless of whether you "want him back" or not. Deal with it.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
Tekneek said:
Yeah, let's all get excited about a guy who got it wrong once already. I guess if he keeps saying it, he might be right once.

Seems to be Garrioch, Strachan and Brook's approach. Welcome aboard Hradek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->