Injury Report: Eichel suffers high ankle sprain in Oct 12th practice; out 6-8 weeks

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
@BuffNewsVogl
Sabres' Zemgus Girgensons on Jack Eichel injury: "I was just trying to get the puck, and we got tangled. He just fell awkward."

I stand behind all of my irrational Girgensons hate and would like to double down on it

Zemgus reeeaaallllly wants to play center.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'm upset but I'm going to hold off on ritual suicide until I know if it's something that's a few weeks, months, or the year. :(

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Seems about right. Freak injury aside it continues to baffle me that professional sports leagues want their training camps to last so long and make the teams play so many pre-season games when there's scientific proof a well trained athlete needs two weeks tops to get back into shape. I realize that training camp is for fringe guys and rookies to prove they belong on a team but two weeks and 3 pre season games should be plenty. Every team seems to go into the season with 2 or 3 key injuries just so guys like Derek Grant can get a roster spot? It's even worse in football. Good luck starting the season with 3/4th of your starters in that sport.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Seems about right. Freak injury aside it continues to baffle me that professional sports leagues want their training camps to last so long and make the teams play so many pre-season games when there's scientific proof a well trained athlete needs two weeks tops to get back into shape. I realize that training camp is for fringe guys and rookies to prove they belong on a team but two weeks and 3 pre season games should be plenty. Every team seems to go into the season with 2 or 3 key injuries just so guys like Derek Grant can get a roster spot? It's even worse in football. Good luck starting the season with 3/4th of your starters in that sport.

I agree with your overall sentiment but I fail to see what that has to do with this injury. It was fluky thing in a practice

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Sabres season starting just like Bills season, off field issues, contract disputes, and injuries. Hopefully Dan can bring the team together.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Clearly just tweak, he's fine.

Please.

PLEASE.

Everyone start praying to whomever, whatever you do or do not believe in.
God, Allah, the Force, Vishnu, Buddha.
Hopefully their powers combine and magically heal our prophet

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Ankle beats knee. Sprain can still be weeks; a break is awhile.

That's what I'm reading. Hopefully it's a couple of months at the most. Who knows - but it's going to be the most watched and best treated ankle in Buffalo for a while.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I agree with your overall sentiment but I fail to see what that has to do with this injury. It was fluky thing in a practice
I stated it was fluky. It's something that can happen in the middle of the season too. But the season should have been underway already and maybe these guys aren't going so balls to the wall in practice. I hate that such a large part of the NHL game is having some luck with injuries. Having such long training camps just makes that factor even greater.

I basically just hate how long TC is for all sports and think it's ridiculous that teams play almost 1/10th of their total games in the pre-season and never turn down a chance to rant about it. Just get to the ****ing season healthy and start playing so fans can watch a full healthy team for at least a few games each year. And stay off drugs NFL players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad