Injury Report: Eichel suffers high ankle sprain in Oct 12th practice; out 6-8 weeks

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Which is pretty damn good news.

Indeed. If he's truly back healthy in a month, that's about 10 games. If he plays ~70games, that works for me. Just hope he comes back alright when he does come back.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Our early schedule is probably our easiest stretch of the year. If he's back by, say, 4 weeks, we should absolutely be .500 or better at that point.

That's certainly the optimists view. The pessimist in me says I would rather have Jack out during a tough stretch while picking up as many points as possible against the lesser teams.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Not the player or injury to rush. When he's 100% recovered, and fit, is the time for his return.

This is the type of injury that could be nagging him all season, and longer, if mishandled. I'm confident the Sabres won't do that.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Don't know the original source for this remark, but during the BUF @EDM game Sunday, one of the Rogers (Canadian broadcast) studio people or similar said Eichel was out 6-8 weeks.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Don't know the original source for this remark, but during the BUF @EDM game Sunday, one of the Rogers (Canadian broadcast) studio people or similar said Eichel was out 6-8 weeks.
Source was likely Murray's comments:
Sabres coach Dan Bylsma said Eichel’s sprain is “moderate.†General manager Tim Murray, who signed a multi-year contract extension Thursday, said he expects Eichel to miss six to eight weeks.

“Historically, that’s what they’ve been,†Murray said of the sprains. “I guess some guys have come back after four, but we can’t count on that. We can’t sit here for four weeks to come and think it’s all going to get better. … You know me, glass half empty. Prepare long term and anything better than that is a bonus.â€
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sa...weeks-gm-tim-murray-signs-contract-extension/

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I've had high ankle sprains doing Army stuff (just had one in April).

I wouldn't rush it. I'd go the full eight weeks, and if the team is playing well, extend to ten weeks.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
A 19 year old athlete should heal far quicker than a 28 year old right?

This is a good point to at least entertain. And I would think a 13 year old heals faster than a 19 year old. 6-8 was the original. Maybe up on his feet now in two weeks. But that doesn't mean skating by ay means, and I think those that mentioned 4 weeks are not just glass half full but glass allll the way full.

I am hoping 6 weeks on the dot and I think that's pretty realistic. That, and I will be in town for thanksgiving and hope ot see him Wednesday before turkey day!

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Just looked at the title of this thread, panned up to the date on my computer, and thought, "1 week? It's only been 1 week? I was sure we were half way through this!"

It's going to be a long 7 weeks.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Just looked at the title of this thread, panned up to the date on my computer, and thought, "1 week? It's only been 1 week? I was sure we were half way through this!"

It's going to be a long 7 weeks.

Think about this way: After one week, they have only played 3 games and are at .500. And after 2 weeks they'll have only played 5 games total. That's 1/3 of the time. That's not too bad?

Am i reaching yet?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
This is a good point to at least entertain. And I would think a 13 year old heals faster than a 19 year old. 6-8 was the original. Maybe up on his feet now in two weeks. But that doesn't mean skating by ay means, and I think those that mentioned 4 weeks are not just glass half full but glass allll the way full.

I am hoping 6 weeks on the dot and I think that's pretty realistic. That, and I will be in town for thanksgiving and hope ot see him Wednesday before turkey day!

Assume the worst, be happy with anything better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->