Value of: Eichel + Skinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Anddd I'd be incredibly curious to see what would happens if Adams would propose it.:)

In general, the idea of moving Eichel WITH Skinner is a really bad one when contemplating Eichel's trade value on his own accord. I understand why the main poster is suggesting this tandem though, because any desire to move Skinner needs to be attached to something of considerable significance as no-one possessing any level of reasonable sanity is otherwise going near Jeff's contract. And throwing Eichel in there releases the team of two of the biggest contracts in hockey all at once.

And honestly, it's not like the rest of the league hasn't noticed that Eichel has a touchy-feely personality.

Furthermore, that tandem is not just raking in 19 MM per season for a couple of years... it's for the next 6 seasons. OUCH!

Who can do this?

Basically nobody. That's a noose that is just too unfathomable, regardless of what the two players are capable of.

Plenty of posters have already pointed out how unviable it is without considerable contract coming back in return. As long as Skinner is being thrown in with Eichel, which is what THIS thread is contemplating, then the main poster will see what fans of other teams feel might be necessary for such a package to be moved.
Adams will never offer it. On the contrary, he will try to save Eichel by all means, and even if it does not work out, he will not trade Eichel + Skinner together, this is stupid.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Those pieces are better than the scraps you offered in your Rangers deal.

didn't realize one of the best offensive dmen in DeAngelo, 2 young forwards who are already in the nhl and a 1st that will be around the same as the avs would be scraps. Also we are talking about the Avs here who with Sakic is a very shrewed negotiator. So im very doubtful he would even offer that much. Might just say here is newhook and a 1st, take it or leave it lol. But to each their own and we will see what happens when Eichel wants out.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
The kid deserves to be in the playoffs and have a chance at a cup. If he demands out which I fully see him doing within the next 2 years, he will want to go to a team that will contend and not to another bottom dwelling team. The teams offering trades such as the devils and redwings put him exactly where he is now. Meanwhile, the flames offer would gut their team and again Eichel would be back to where he is.

The only other team that has the ammo, space, and playoff position to make a deal is the avalanche. And that would be futures such as newhook, byram, a 1st and kadri/kaut.

I'm not debating destination I'm saying your offer is light. Didnt even have the decency to make the 1ast rounder this year lol. So you get a top 10 player in the league for the year and drop in the draft order ontop of not being amazedd by chytil, buch or deaangelo as the top end talent coming back to buffalo...

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
didn't realize one of the best offensive dmen in DeAngelo, 2 young forwards who are already in the nhl and a 1st that will be around the same as the avs would be scraps. Also we are talking about the Avs here who with Sakic is a very shrewed negotiator. So im very doubtful he would even offer that much. Might just say here is newhook and a 1st, take it or leave it lol. But to each their own and we will see what happens when Eichel wants out.
Admittedly I'm not the biggest Deangelo fan. He's bounced around a lot early in his career, he's had some racism/homophobic issues when he was with Sarnia, he had the issue with the referee in Arizona and I get Shayne Ghostisbehere vibes from him as a player. I view Fox as the much better player long-term. Chytil looks ok, but is unproven, Buchnevich looks like a 2nd liner albeit a good, young solid one, a late 1st is basically a nothing asset especially in a deal for a superstar. So yeah that offer is trash. "If" Eichel wants out. Not "when" (let's try not to troll people). That would obviously put the screws to the Sabres at least to some extent, but we aren't there yet. Quite frankly he's under contract for a whole lot of years and if garbage is all that is offered for him Buffalo just won't trade him. It's that simple.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto

That offer is not good

Reactions: DJN21

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I'm not debating destination I'm saying your offer is light. Didnt even have the decency to make the 1ast rounder this year lol. So you get a top 10 player in the league for the year and drop in the draft order ontop of not being amazedd by chytil, buch or deaangelo as the top end talent coming back to buffalo...

I would have put both first rounders for this year in if I thought that Eichel was already stating he wants out. but that is fair. Also when players ask to be traded they usually have some destinations in mind and would seriously decrease the amount of teams that are capable of taking the salary, have the assets, and be a destination he wants to go.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Admittedly I'm not the biggest Deangelo fan. He's bounced around a lot early in his career, he's had some racism/homophobic issues when he was with Sarnia, he had the issue with the referee in Arizona and I get Shayne Ghostisbehere vibes from him as a player. I view Fox as the much better player long-term. Chytil looks ok, but is unproven, Buchnevich looks like a 2nd liner albeit a good, young solid one, a late 1st is basically a nothing asset especially in a deal for a superstar. So yeah that offer is trash. "If" Eichel wants out. Not "when" (let's try not to troll people). That would obviously put the screws to the Sabres at least to some extent, but we aren't there yet. Quite frankly he's under contract for a whole lot of years and if garbage is all that is offered for him Buffalo just won't trade him. It's that simple.

And that's your opinion on a DeAngelo's political views which has nothing to do with his play on the ice or any issues with teammates. Lets not get carried away here with trying to diminish a 60pt defenseman who even at even strength was only 2nd to John Calson this year in points. Chytl is still 19 years old and I think is better suited as a winger but has shown potential and ability to be a good player in this league. And buch you summed up. I would do both 1sts that the rangers have this year if it meant anything but Eichel has not asked out "yet". And the screws would be tighter than you think only so many teams have the capspace, assets, and destination he would want to go to try to win a cup. And Quite frankly just because he is under contract does not mean he will continue to play for them if he is continued to be wasted in buffalo's horrible management. Its simple, if a superstar asks out, he is gonna be moved.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
And that's your opinion on a DeAngelo's political views which has nothing to do with his play on the ice or any issues with teammates. Lets not get carried away here with trying to diminish a 60pt defenseman who even at even strength was only 2nd to John Calson this year in points. Chytl is still 19 years old and I think is better suited as a winger but has shown potential and ability to be a good player in this league. And buch you summed up. I would do both 1sts that the rangers have this year if it meant anything but Eichel has not asked out "yet". And the screws would be tighter than you think only so many teams have the capspace, assets, and destination he would want to go to try to win a cup. And Quite frankly just because he is under contract does not mean he will continue to play for them if he is continued to be wasted in buffalo's horrible management. Its simple, if a superstar asks out, he is gonna be moved.
I have no opinion on DeAngelo's political views. If anything I tend to lean that way myself politically. My comment is related to him being suspended several games for making a racist/homophobic comment to a teammate. I wouldn't want that crap in my locker room. I also dont want a guy that loses his cool, roughs up a ref and gets suspended. Seeing as how he's on team #3 in a young NHL career other teams have obviously felt the same way. He's a good talent, but I wouldn't pay a premium to get him as I worry about his attitude and his ability to repeat what he produced this year.
As for Eichel if he wants out he can certainly request a trade and every team in the league will be interested in him. If a GM offers garbage you go to the next offer if the offers are garbage you don't trade the player. Simple as that.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
I have no opinion on DeAngelo's political views. If anything I tend to lean that way myself politically. My comment is related to him being suspended several games for making a racist/homophobic comment to a teammate. I wouldn't want that crap in my locker room. I also dont want a guy that loses his cool, roughs up a ref and gets suspended. Seeing as how he's on team #3 in a young NHL career other teams have obviously felt the same way. He's a good talent, but I wouldn't pay a premium to get him as I worry about his attitude and his ability to repeat what he produced this year.
As for Eichel if he wants out he can certainly request a trade and every team in the league will be interested in him. If a GM offers garbage you go to the next offer if the offers are garbage you don't trade the player. Simple as that.
every team besides edmonton imo

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
If Larsson doesnt resign buffalo has exactly 1 center on their roster...eichel. Trading eichel ontop of losing Larsson might open a pardoras hockey box never seen before....

We are looking to add a 2c to eichel, let cozens marinate, resign larsson and figure that center spine out, not decimate it entirely. If eichel demands a trade oh well you have a contract. I'm not sure what part is unclear you still have to play....

So I guess in short your offer is light because neither Chytil or Buch will ever be a 1c and we have no internal replacement for that loss. If Eichel is dealt there will be a better center or center prospect coming our way to pair with Cozens.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Was this in reply to a bad post or just to the concept? lol

Getting rid of that Skinner contract must be tempting to the Pegulas, but it devalues Eichel too much to tie him to it if you really are going to trade him.

But you can't say that one of the league's most dynamic duos, a 23 year old top 4 d man, and a mid round 1st pick this year isn't a decent offer. :)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Was this in reply to a bad post or just to the concept? lol

Getting rid of that Skinner contract must be tempting to the Pegulas, but it devalues Eichel too much to tie him to it if you really are going to trade him.

But you can't say that one of the league's most dynamic duos, a 23 year old top 4 d man, and a mid round 1st pick this year isn't a decent offer. :)

Not sure where on earth ITT you're seeing an offer that looks anything like that, but there's basically no such thing as a "decent" offer for Eichel (certainly not in this thread), and the whole premise is patently absurd. There are maybe ~2 players in the NHL less likely to be traded than Jack.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Not sure where on earth ITT you're seeing an offer that looks anything like that, but there's basically no such thing as a "decent" offer for Eichel (certainly not in this thread), and the whole premise is patently absurd. There are maybe ~2 players in the NHL less likely to be traded than Jack.
It's an offer I made- Monahan+Gaudreau+Hanifin+1st 2020
I understand your feelings. The flames have had many a disgruntled star player who demands a trade in the past (even our cup winning 1st and 2nd line centres, Niewendyk and Gilmour.) Not saying Eichel has done this but I am trying to say we get this pain over here.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If Buffalo goes full nuclear, what kind of value would you be willing to give up to bring in Eichel if he was attached to Skinner's contract?

I'm thinking there are few teams out there that can swallow $20 million in salary, even if you'd gladly pay about 60% of that money for Jack Eichel. There's still about $64 million in toxic money for Skinner.

That said, maybe if a team like Ottawa or Detroit won the Lafreniere lottery, there could be a conversation about Eichel + Skinner dump for the 1st overall and maybe a couple of mid tier prospects to balance things out. Just a lot of bad money coming with an elite asset.

Think if Buffalo ever moved Eichel and Skinner they should do it separately so they don't destroy the Eichel return.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ

No offense and dont take this the wrong way but I dont think you could be more wrong about Eichel being traded. Buffalo is a dumpster fire from the ownership down to management. Its not that Buffalo will want to trade him. It is the idea that Eichel WILL want out. I feel bad for Eichel and Buffalo fans bc its not right what management and ownership are doing to your team. You guys are die hard fans and the world deserves to see his special talents in the playoffs along with the city of buffalo enjoying the playoffs again.

Im sorry if this came off poorly, im just voicing my opinion on the matter.

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
How about this:

Buffalo trades: Eichel

Minnesota trades: Dumba, Donato, Greenway, Belpedio, 2020 1st, 2021 1st, 2022 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad