Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
No he wouldn't. 10M in cap space. He's scored 30 goals once. He's 33rd in league scoring the past 3 years. He's coming off an injury. He's a 1 way player who wins 44% of his draws. Darryl would eat him alive. You're falling in love with the name and the hype. Look at what he actually does on the ice.

33rd because of injury?
He's a ppg player

Ledge And Dairy

No he wouldn't. 10M in cap space. He's scored 30 goals once. He's 33rd in league scoring the past 3 years. He's coming off an injury. He's a 1 way player who wins 44% of his draws. Darryl would eat him alive. You're falling in love with the name and the hype. Look at what he actually does on the ice.
Lol there is so much wrong here. Eichel plays a full 200 ft game and is quite solid defensively. Goal scoring isn't everything, he's not even known for being a goal scorer. Do you realize how few people even reach 30 goals a season? Monahan's the best goal scorer Calgary has had since Iginla and he's done it 3 times in 8 years, barely too. Eichel has scored 25+ goals every year of his career (except his rookie year where he got 24 and this one) with next to zero help. He is a massive upgrade on Monahan and you are just too ignorant to admit it. You of all people should know by now that I'm one of the biggest defenders of Monahan on this site too. 33rd in scoring makes zero sense since he only played 21 games this year, Eichel is 17th in Point Per Game in that same time period

I am not falling in love with the name, I've seen Eichel play live more than you've probably seen him play on TV. He is a legitimate elite 1C. It's so funny how Flames fans always complain about not having a legit 1C yet when one becomes available they dont want him. Completely hypocritical

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Lol there is so much wrong here. Eichel plays a full 200 ft game and is quite solid defensively. Goal scoring isn't everything, he's not even known for being a goal scorer. Do you realize how few people even reach 30 goals a season? Monahan's the best goal scorer Calgary has had since Iginla and he's done it 3 times in 8 years, barely too. Eichel has scored 25+ goals every year of his career (except his rookie year where he got 24 and this one) with next to zero help. He is a massive upgrade on Monahan and you are just too ignorant to admit it. You of all people should know by now that I'm one of the biggest defenders of Monahan on this site too. 33rd in scoring makes zero sense since he only played 21 games this year, Eichel is 17th in Point Per Game in that same time period

I am not falling in love with the name, I've seen Eichel play live more than you've probably seen him play on TV. He is a legitimate elite 1C. It's so funny how Flames fans always complain about not having a legit 1C yet when one becomes available they dont want him. Completely hypocritical
I soooo disagree with you. If you think he's a good defensive player you aren't well suited to player evaluation. You can debate his offensive merits, but the defensive flaws are very obvious. He sees them himself, his coaches have seen them and the numbers show them.

That Monahan has 3 30 goal seasons and Eichel has one doesn't prove your point like you think it does. Monahan is a number 2 center.

The Flames have 4 guys on their roster with 30 goal seasons. It's not as rare as you make it out to be.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’d stay off of the main board Eichel threads until draft day 2022 if I was you then

Would be risky to wait a week before the NMC kicks in. Habs though they we’re going to get Drai+ or Horvat+ for Subban and ended up scrambling before his NMC kicked in! Had to settled on Weber.. a player 4 years older. Trust me, that was not the plan

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I soooo disagree with you. If you think he's a good defensive player you aren't well suited to player evaluation. You can debate his offensive merits, but the defensive flaws are very obvious. He sees them himself, his coaches have seen them and the numbers show them.

That Monahan has 3 30 goal seasons and Eichel has one doesn't prove your point like you think it does. Monahan is a number 2 center.

The Flames have 4 guys on their roster with 30 goal seasons. It's not as rare as you make it out to be.

His assessment of Eichel is correct. Eichel became a good disruptive defensive player, he's quite a bit better than Monahan on both ends of the ice. He had his lumps early in his career but he's overcome them. His coaches raved about how they started relying on him to win defensive matchups.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Eichel only starts on the defensive zone 34%. I would say he is OK defensively but the sample size is low.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
His assessment of Eichel is correct. Eichel became a good disruptive defensive player, he's quite a bit better than Monahan on both ends of the ice. He had his lumps early in his career but he's overcome them. His coaches raved about how they started relying on him to win defensive matchups.

Jack was 100% a defensive liability his early years. The last 2 years, he's become at the very least adequate in his own zone. His crazy long stick is MUCH more active than it used to be, and his positioning has improved by leaps and bounds. If there's one area where he's still lacking defensively (other than faceoffs, which have gotten better) is he is still prone to puck-watching.

He's never going to be that defensive presence/force like ROR and Barkov are....that's just not him.

Reactions: Benstheman

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I think Eichel is a two way center at this point.

Reactions: Just Linda

Ledge And Dairy

Sigh...
4bwUJUK.png

iR7FVpr.png

Clearly you can see that Eichel is well above average defensively at 5v5, this most recent season and over the past 3 too

Calgary has 3 players who have reached 30 goal, not 4. Lindholm has never gotten 30.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Sigh...
4bwUJUK.png

iR7FVpr.png

Clearly you can see that Eichel is well above average defensively at 5v5, this most recent season and over the past 3 too

Calgary has 3 players who have reached 30 goal, not 4. Lindholm has never gotten 30.
XGAR is the worst stat compilation in hockey. Evolving hockey is a joke.

Calgary has 4 players who have gotten 30. Tkachuk, Monahan, Gaudreau and Lucic. Would be 5 if you included Lindholm prorated. I didn't include Lindholm.

Ledge And Dairy

XGAR is the worst stat metric in hockey. Evolving hockey is a joke.

Calgary has 4 players who have gotten 30. Tkachuk, Monahan, Gaudreau and Lucic. Would be 5 if you included Lindholm prorated. I didn't include Lindholm.
Where TF do you see xGAR? tAre you referring to Expected Goal Against. The fact that you think Evolving Hockey is a joke just proves how bad your opinions are, not the other way around.

Lucic scored 30 literally 11 years ago. That should tell you exactly how hard scoring 30 is.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Did you know that shitty defensive player is actually one of the Sabres PKers, and goes out to defend leads when it’s 6v5?

Or do you just think anyone not getting Selke votes sucks at defense?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
so crushed for time think I missed the last mega thread

Whatev I've said on record,
repeat
no bluest blue chips from rangers
thanks no thanks
med issues aside
long term cap is a prob

etc
etc
etc

I am literally praying Dolan remembers the hard lesson w/the Knicks

there are no shortcuts
esp in hard cap league
BUILD

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Can he just be traded for an underwhelming return already. Sabres love trading good players for underwhelming returns. Also this time can it be to the Habs please.

Make the Atlantic even more Absurd than it already is.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
3 months ago

Sabres fans: It starts with Laf + Kakko. +

Also, that one foolish Sabres fan. “They would part with Fox for Eichel”. :joker:

:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

Also Sabres Fans: We’ll just trade him to LA for Byfield +++++++.

Also Sabres Fans: We’ll just trade him for Zegras +++++++.

I’m honestly ashamed to be a Bills fan with some of the moronic shit you Sabres fans expect for a headless Eichel. Your GM isn’t even sharing his medical records which is as big a warning flag as anything.

I hope you guys keep him. Let him have surgery. Let that surgery be unsuccessful. And then settle for a fraction of some pennies on the dollar for him because he does not want to stay in Buffalo.

Reinhart. Risto. An unmovable contract with Skinner. You have no goalie lol. What a sad, pathetic joke.

Just ask Brandon Beane to take over. Despite his inexperience in hockey, he’ll at least do a better job than the morons up there running the hockey team.

4 1st round picks or former 1st round picks. And we refuse to share his medical information?

f***ing morons. :facepalm:

I’m just glad I’m not a Sabres fan with all the garbage that’s been going on.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
So what would Sabres fans say is fair for an Eichel trade from the Flames?

Assets I would include are:

-Monahan (if not directly to Buffalo, he could be dealt to a 3rd party team for futures which can be used)

-Mangiapane

- Dube

- Pelletier

- Zary

-Mackey

-Kylington

-1st round picks in 2022 & 2023

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Where TF do you see xGAR? tAre you referring to Expected Goal Against. The fact that you think Evolving Hockey is a joke just proves how bad your opinions are, not the other way around.

Lucic scored 30 literally 11 years ago. That should tell you exactly how hard scoring 30 is.
So you think evolving hockey is a good reference? Do you know who their model shows as the best forward in the league? I'll give you a hint. He's an Ottawa fourth liner who used to play in Nashville.

But you're right. It's the best thing to use... Goodness some people love to skew data to fit their narrative.

Actual NHL teams weigh very heavily scoring chances. Particularly high danger ones. Eichel despite heavy offensive usage surrenders tons of them. If you look at the 3 players the Flames just signed/traded for all of them have one thing in common. They surrender very few high danger chances.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
So what would Sabres fans say is fair for an Eichel trade from the Flames?

Assets I would include are:

-Monahan (if not directly to Buffalo, he could be dealt to a 3rd party team for futures which can be used)

-Mangiapane

- Dube

- Pelletier

- Zary

-Mackey

-Kylington

-1st round picks in 2022 & 2023
From my experience with Sabres fans.

Your entire roster. Plus future considerations.

I’m not even kidding, or trolling or trying to be funny. I spend a lot of time on their board since I’m a Bills fan — and I can tell you firsthand some of their expectations/demands are in straight up La-La-Land.

You’d think you’re trading for McDavid with retention, +, with some of the ridiculous asks from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad