Eichel Matthews Laine vs McDavid Draisaitl Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The 2nd pair is more talented but they don't have a shooter. Not a very balanced line.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
I rank them like this;

McDavid
Matthews/Eichel (Someone should do a poll to see who's better)
Laine
Draisitl
Marner

So I would take the Matthews/Eichel/Marner one but it's close b/c of McDavid.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
McDavid >> Matthews/Eichel > Laine > Draisaitl > Marner

McDavid being by and far the best of the bunch tips this in his trio's favor. The difference between Draisaitl+Marner and the other trio makes things pretty close, but you also have to take into account how much better McDavid makes his linemates and I prognosticate that the line with Connor would be more effective.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Even though MacDavid is best, his trio lacks a scorer.. And Matthews trio has two of them. IMO option A is more balanced one.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Mariner isn't a equal to Draisaitl. Not even close.

I'll go with McDavids team, he has enough separation that I can't vote against him. Gap between McDavid and Matthews is a lot bigger than the gap between Eichel/Draisaitl and Laine/Marner.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The one with McDavid, not really that tough of a choice. Marner will be a beast himself and we've seen what McDavid and Draisaitl can do together already.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Guess I technically should pick McDavid but I guess I'll go with the group that has 3 of the 4 best players.

Even though MacDavid is best, his trio lacks a scorer.. And Matthews trio has two of them. IMO option A is more balanced one.

Well that's the thing. Matthews can drive his own line even if his linemates aren't the best whereas Eichel with Laine would be ridiculous. Surely group B wouldn't play Draisaitl on the same line as McDavid and Marner with McDavid for instance would have two over-passing players... The synergy isn't as good.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
McDavid
Eichel/Matthews/Laine
Draisaitl/Marner

Depends on how far apart you believe E/M/L are from D/M and if that gap is enough to bridge not choosing McDavid, which I believe it is.

Close, poll is almost a dead tie.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Mcdavid
Matthews/ eichel
Draisatl
Marner
Laine

I'd take the option with eichel, as he performs the best in his gm and coaching duties

Marner is better than Laine? I bet if they were switched in this pole, Mcdavid's line would win by a landslide.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
McDavid
Matthews/ Reggie Dunlop
Marner/ Drai

Laine

Unfortunately Laine tilts this in McDavid Drai Marners favor.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
McDavid
Matthews/ Reggie Dunlop
Marner/ Drai

Laine

Unfortunately Laine tilts this in McDavid Drai Marners favor.

incredulous.gif

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
MEL trio for sure. Other trio will just pass the puck and not shoot :laugh:

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
If it were Matthews Eichel against the 2 top ten scrorers it would be an easy choice. Marner is a serious drag on the Mcdavid group though so it is pretty much a wash for me

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
McDavid >> Laine > Eichel > Matthews/Draisaitl >> Marner

McDavid line salary 27m or so
Eichel line salary 31m or so(just guessing)

Easily McDavid line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad